parralel twins instead of big single

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Well guess its true that you should believe half what you see and nothing you hear haha. I stil dont really see a need for ball bearing though considering alot of the big singles people put on to make crazy hp numbers are all journal bearings. Granted yes the bigger turbos dont spin nearly as fast as smaller ones, but still journal bearing have been around for awhile and are still being used so its not like they are complete garbage or else nobody would be using them anymore.
im not arguing that point but try to get a bb charger of equivalent size on those big singles and your looking at a hefty chunk of change. thats the main reason guys dont run big singles with bb's. secondly is that if for some reason it gets trashed, a jb charger is a couple hundy to repair versus over half of what the bb turbo cost...

live life full throttle

WHITExOBS

Reaction score
im not arguing that point but try to get a bb charger of equivalent size on those big singles and your looking at a hefty chunk of change. thats the main reason guys dont run big singles with bb's. secondly is that if for some reason it gets trashed, a jb charger is a couple hundy to repair versus over half of what the bb turbo cost...

live life full throttle

Your absolutely right, even with the small chargers the price is a big difference, to get an equaly sized precision charger with ball bearing its a 600$ increase in price(I'm using the precision as an example becuase thats what brand charger in looking at using) I'm sure other companies might be cheaper or more expensive.

I dont really want to get into a discussion about ball bearing vs journal though, I'm sure there's countless threads other places on the vast interwebs already dedicated to that. So lets just leave it at, I'm using a journal bearing becuase its cheaper to buy and cheaper to rebuild and they get the job dond, but if I was super wealthy id do something crazy with some borgwarner efr turbos.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Your absolutely right, even with the small chargers the price is a big difference, to get an equaly sized precision charger with ball bearing its a 600$ increase in price(I'm using the precision as an example becuase thats what brand charger in looking at using) I'm sure other companies might be cheaper or more expensive.

I dont really want to get into a discussion about ball bearing vs journal though, I'm sure there's countless threads other places on the vast interwebs already dedicated to that. So lets just leave it at, I'm using a journal bearing becuase its cheaper to buy and cheaper to rebuild and they get the job dond, but if I was super wealthy id do something crazy with some borgwarner efr turbos.
10-4

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.