Parts are finally here

Bearded7point3pilot

Reaction score
Ordered Diamond Eye turndown exhaust, and picked up a "Tymar" intake. Gonna be a busy Saturday, sadly, that's the end of the current upgrade list until I can spring for a DP F6
ecb311eb6bc8461b91116063a29094ee.jpg

01 7.3 F250
Stock

Bearded7point3pilot

Reaction score
Man, it's gonna take me forever, I'll likely never "finish" modding it. Just like my motorcycle, at least it's not heroin...
I'm really excited about it though, always wanted a 7.3, maybe one day she'll get a set of compounds

01 7.3 F250
Stock

Last edited:

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
You will like the new upgrades. Intake and exhaust are the foundation for the rest of the upgrades you will ever do.

Unless you are in a rust-infected area, changing the exhaust shouldn't be too bad. The new exhaust will come with everything you need.

You will have the intake done in about 30 minutes.

Good luck!

jaybuller

Reaction score
nice! got to start somewhere! this truck I have now ive been slowly modding since I bought it bone stock 2 years. I still have way more to do like you. but I tell you what nothing like putting on a fresh new upgraded part! I actually recommend gauges next for you on the ole upgrade list. i'm slowly working towards 250/200 sticks but im getting there.... im thinking by next year ill be were I want to be.... just remember this is a hobby so leave the credit cards out of it!

Bearded7point3pilot

Reaction score
You will like the new upgrades. Intake and exhaust are the foundation for the rest of the upgrades you will ever do.

Unless you are in a rust-infected area, changing the exhaust shouldn't be too bad. The new exhaust will come with everything you need.

You will have the intake done in about 30 minutes.

Good luck!

Oh no I wasn't saying the parts swap would take forever, just me actually "finishing" it... As long as I got the funds, she'll keep getting upgrades. I just meant the build would never be "done" but I will tell you, and we talked a while back, you guys are gonna do the tuner. Hear nothing but good about what Jodi does with the 7.3's

01 7.3 F250
Stock

Bearded7point3pilot

Reaction score
nice! got to start somewhere! this truck I have now ive been slowly modding since I bought it bone stock 2 years. I still have way more to do like you. but I tell you what nothing like putting on a fresh new upgraded part! I actually recommend gauges next for you on the ole upgrade list. i'm slowly working towards 250/200 sticks but im getting there.... im thinking by next year ill be were I want to be.... just remember this is a hobby so leave the credit cards out of it!

Got the gauges first, they actually showed up the day I picked up the truck if that tells you how excited I was (I ordered the a week prior) I tend to beat on vehicles, so knowing what was going on was the first thing I wanted

01 7.3 F250
Stock

Bearded7point3pilot

Reaction score
Got it done, sorry for no "before" photos, but I'm happy, muffler might get ******d, but it'll suffice for now
dd5c94789d31e8778ff7147c57c36063.jpg
70963ddde3c7671149ae0f3659f2bc8f.jpg

01 7.3 F250
4" Diamond Eye exhaust
"Tymar" Intake
EGT, Trans Temp, Boost

Jason

Reaction score
I'd leave the foil on, honestly. Coming from someone who did all of that stupid bs to my first 7.3, and then didn't on my 2nd one..I can tell youthe 2nd one was way more enjoyable to drive without all the retarded noises.

jaybuller

Reaction score
I did my foil ******s on some and some I didn't. I can't tell a difference either way other than looks

Bearded7point3pilot

Reaction score
I'd leave the foil on, honestly. Coming from someone who did all of that stupid bs to my first 7.3, and then didn't on my 2nd one..I can tell youthe 2nd one was way more enjoyable to drive without all the retarded noises.

Yea, I'm mixed about it at this point... I kinda enjoy the loud. But I've heard it gets unbearable over time. I knew there were absolutely no performance reasons behind it

01 7.3 F250
4" Diamond Eye exhaust
"Tymar" Intake
EGT, Trans Temp, Boost

Bearded7point3pilot

Reaction score
I did my foil ******s on some and some I didn't. I can't tell a difference either way other than looks

Yea, I was more under the assumption it's just gonna be louder. The exhaust and Tymar definitely added a little noise. I'm just having fun playing with it right now.

01 7.3 F250
4" Diamond Eye exhaust
"Tymar" Intake
EGT, Trans Temp, Boost

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Oh no I wasn't saying the parts swap would take forever, just me actually "finishing" it... As long as I got the funds, she'll keep getting upgrades. I just meant the build would never be "done" but I will tell you, and we talked a while back, you guys are gonna do the tuner. Hear nothing but good about what Jodi does with the 7.3's

01 7.3 F250
Stock

Gotcha. Yes, the upgrade game gets to be quite addicting. It hit me about a week after owning my truck.

We will be happy to help you out when that time comes.

BTW, the turn down exhaust looks nice!

Bearded7point3pilot

Reaction score
Gotcha. Yes, the upgrade game gets to be quite addicting. It hit me about a week after owning my truck.

We will be happy to help you out when that time comes.

BTW, the turn down exhaust looks nice!

Thanks I appreciate it, it was kinda different, which is why I picked it. I've read about improved throttle response with the intake/exhaust, I'll admit I'm really impressed. Freed up about 5psi just putting the 6637 on it. And as we all know it sounds amazing haha

01 7.3 F250
4" Diamond Eye exhaust
"Tymar" Intake
EGT, Trans Temp, Boost

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Thanks I appreciate it, it was kinda different, which is why I picked it. I've read about improved throttle response with the intake/exhaust, I'll admit I'm really impressed. Freed up about 5psi just putting the 6637 on it. And as we all know it sounds amazing haha

01 7.3 F250
4" Diamond Eye exhaust
"Tymar" Intake
EGT, Trans Temp, Boost

Yeah, wait until you do a 38r with that intake. The loudest combo I have ever run personally. I had to install an aftermarket stereo just to cover it up LOL.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.