pcm question

prototypemo

Reaction score
if i were looking at getting a new pcm which module should I go with considering im a 2005 with a 2004 motor? Also because ive replaced everything you can think of and i keep getting random problems. But the reason I think it might be my pcm is because randomly my scanguage will go blank then has no power and the only way to get it back going is to turn the vehicle off then back on. or every now and then i can unplug it and plug it back in and it works. Sometimes I just lose random values like my boost no longer registers but everything else works...anyone else ran into an issue like that before? any thoughts?

co04cobra

Reaction score
You would need a 05 PCM. All wiring is still 05 in the truck. I have several PCMs that should work. PM me if you would like a price or more info.

prototypemo

Reaction score
i most likely will but I havent decided it is the problem yet, gonna check the ipr first. does that sound like a pcm problem? oh and the truck just died at 70 mph on the highway today...

prototypemo

Reaction score
Well...pulled the ipr and there were what appeared to be brass shavings on the screen...where could brass come from?!!! I'm now lost (-_-)

prototypemo

Reaction score
Well I just put in a new hpop that was an upgraded machined steel...could it be left over from the previous one?

psduser1

Reaction score
Like anything that is internal and exposed to oil flow will-should-end up in the pan.
I don't understand what you mean be an upgraded machined steel? What company built it? Some srp s have come apart, sending brass through the hpo system, for example. How many miles since you changed the pump?

prototypemo

Reaction score
I'm sorry got carried away earlier but it's a billet high performance pump and maybe 400 miles

psduser1

Reaction score
I'm sorry got carried away earlier but it's a billet high performance pump and maybe 400 miles

I'm far from expert, but like I mentioned one company, and surely there have been some from other remanufacturers. I would call and discuss the possibility with the manufacturer of your pump, as I'd have no way of knowing what internals you have,lol. I wouldn't even roll that engine over til I had that sorted out. Golfer/swamps has repaired many injectors due to foreign material.

prototypemo

Reaction score
That's the sad part. Just replaced 3 injectors and hpop but the threads stripped on the hpop before I got to the 8 ft lbs, so they warrantied it out and sent me the high performance one. Might have to warranty it out again. Sad sad day

prototypemo

Reaction score
So it appears the front cover of my hpop blew out...yay. Had to send it out to the shop now so they can inspect it and see what went wrong. More waiting

Latest posts

Members online