Piecing an 08 tailgate together

AKHILF

Reaction score
I'v seen on here some where, someone went to ford and bought the 08 tailgate shell and I think they modifyed there 99-07 guts to fit. I cant find the tread now. Just wondering if someone can give me some help. I will not need the handle or the ford oval.

AKHILF

Reaction score
maybe where you are, but not up here. And how is it a lot of work? No matter what color it is i'm going to have to paint it to match my paint job and i'm shaving the handle and ford sign. And if you think swapping internals of a tailgate is a lot of work I dont see how.

BigRed97

Reaction score
maybe where you are, but not up here. And how is it a lot of work? No matter what color it is i'm going to have to paint it to match my paint job and i'm shaving the handle and ford sign. And if you think swapping internals of a tailgate is a lot of work I dont see how.

sorry i misunderstood, when you said "shell" i was thinking SKIN...as in detaching the old skin from the frame body of the gate and welding/sealing on the new skin...

QtrHorse

Reaction score
sorry i misunderstood, when you said "shell" i was thinking SKIN...as in detaching the old skin from the frame body of the gate and welding/sealing on the new skin...

That is the same thing I thought. What other type of skin would there be?

AKHILF

Reaction score
Ok sorry... I meant just the shell the inner and outer. I know i'll need the 08 latch also but with my plans to shave it all I really think the 03 guts can be made to work. I'm out with rebending rods if I need to since the handle will be on the inside

Latest posts

Members online