Pitman arm nut

NotStock

Reaction score
The pitman arm should match the track bar bracket or have been designed around the same amount of drop.

F-117HWK

Reaction score
Here are some pics of the setup as it sits. Sorry the first two are a little blurry, but I think the last three are more important.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    332.8 KB · Views: 81
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    494.7 KB · Views: 67
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    440 KB · Views: 70
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    365 KB · Views: 73
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    591.1 KB · Views: 68

NotStock

Reaction score
I believe that is a Pro-Comp pitman arm and drop bracket. Why are you wanting to replace the pitman arm? Assuming the nut has always been torqued thats not really a wear item.

F-117HWK

Reaction score
I believe that is a Pro-Comp pitman arm and drop bracket. Why are you wanting to replace the pitman arm? Assuming the nut has always been torqued thats not really a wear item.

Good to hear another person thinking its ProComp.

Because at some point in the truck's life, the sector shaft nut came loose and seems to have messed with the threads on the pitman arm. Seems like a good idea to just go ahead and replace it and put a new nut on there for safety sake while going through everything else.

NotStock

Reaction score
If the threads are messed up at all, you should replace it immediately! There is a ton of stress on those tiny splines. The back side of the pitman arm may have the ProComp part number on it. We use their pitman arms on our kits and stock the FD700 arm if you need one.

F-117HWK

Reaction score
Yea that's why I ordered a new one immediately when I found the issue. Damn, I didn't know yall had them otherwise I would have grabbed it from you bud.

I have to inspect the actual steering box shaft as well to make sure that is all fine. Im hoping I dont have to replace that at the moment, but we shall see.

NotStock

Reaction score
No worries, we dont make anything off them. Just need them to go with our complete kits. The sector shaft is USUALLY ok as it is heat treated, but definitely inspect it for any cracks or chips.

F-117HWK

Reaction score
No worries, we dont make anything off them. Just need them to go with our complete kits. The sector shaft is USUALLY ok as it is heat treated, but definitely inspect it for any cracks or chips.

Roger that, thanks for the advice. Ill post up some pics of it all coming apart so others can see it for future reference.

Dlinzy

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a lock washer or flat washer under the nut on the Pitman Arm? And if there is the Part# Please

Latest posts

Members online