Please Help Value my 05 Ex

Jeremy

Reaction score
I've been kicking around the idea of selling my 05 ex. I'm not using it as much as I'd like. Most of my trailers are gooseneck, so I don't end up using as much as I like to. It bothers me when there is cash sitting there when I could be doing something else with the money. I'm the second owner, I bought it with 92k on it. Its been a great vehicle, and I always wanted one. But I really cant justify keeping it around.

I don't know how to value the modifications though.

Here is what it is:

05 Eddie Bauer 4x4 white/tan 6.0 116k

Quad Captains Chairs, with 3rd row bench, husky liner floor mats all the way around, Its very clean.

Engine Mods:
ARP Studs
New OEM gaskets, the original gaskets did not fail, I had it studded under warranty, as Preventative Maintenance
EGR blocked off, also has 04 up-pipe (no scoop) So I can pass the visual test for emissions.
New oil cooler, and EGR cooler @ same time as head gaskets
Cat ELC coolant
Diesel Site Coolant Filter
VB Springs mod (Actually XF's)
Atlas 40 FICM tune
4" turbo back(no cat)
F-Series Truck PCM tuned to VXBC6, with the TCM program that allows full TC lock up in tow haul mode, and includes the 3 to 2 downshift, in tow haul mode. (I still have the EX PCM and PATS Key, if required)
Edge CTS with PHP custom tuning(Bill programmed it in the Vehicle, in person)

It was from Southern Utah(no salt there), so only minimal rust on the frame.

That’s about it.

KBB Private party is $21k, but I know from shopping for one they tend to be higher than KBB.

Any thoughts or guidance? I'd like to see what it may be worth and then try to sell the wife on putting it up for sale. She wants to keep it. (Ironic I know) I have too many rigs anyway(the 11 and 07 are dads). I'll probably advertise it locally since the market for big family haulers in Utah is pretty good. :D

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
now im talking a 7.3 vs a 6.0 but when i sold my 00 EX i actually ended up taking less that blue book just to get it out of the drive way. after sitting on it for over 6 months i had to bight the bullet to just move it.

so be careful with the KBB theory. from what i heard you post about it i was going to say the low 20's sounds like a good starting point

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
Its been said a million times but its hard to get financed on something that old. A lot of people would love to have it but having 20+ in cash is unrealistic for most people

Jeremy

Reaction score
Great points guys thanks.

I'll put it on the local classified and ses what happens, I dont need to sell it, so no reason to give it away.

thanks for the advice.

Latest posts

Members online