Pmf/OUO lifts.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Both would use icon coils. I guess the rest would come down to whose 3 or 4 link set up, shocks, bars, and drop brackets. I can say I ran icon coils and Trevor's 4 link and brackets and loved the ride. Much smoother than stock and I had some crappy shocks before I went king. I think both company's has awesome products, it just comes down to customer service and who you wanna give money to. You won't be disappointed with either

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
from experience ouo is awesome. have never used pmf. from this forum he seems to be stand up dude also. I know I had cracked brackets on my excursion brackets for traction blocks from One up Offroad. I called,Dave apologized and immediately sent updated replacements. That made me a return customer because he is stand up dude and knowledgeable. built bigfoots if I recall correctly

TripleE44

Reaction score
Basically I've got the same opinions as ncollins. I've got a 3.5" Alpha lift from PMF but I've changed to Carli fox shocks. The truck just rides and drives like a dream. All the parts are really well made, and I actually had a lift from PMF on my 08 as well if that says anything about them.

I can't really say anything bad about the OUO parts, I actually had a truck with almost he same setup as mine but OUO in my driveway and they seemed pretty well built from what I saw. The people surrounding OUO is what I don't like, and the reason I'd buy rough country parts before OUO parts.

VetteD_SiN

Reaction score
i heard ouo is good stuff, but i know pmf is good stuff. bought quite a bit from trevor and everything was top notch; from his customer service, all the way down to his packaging.

kmotsko

Reaction score
3.5" alpha via adding a tei spacer to get to 3.5"? I have a carli pin top 2.5" on a 2013 f250. The 20x9's stick out far enough I put fender flares on...however the tire is to close to rubbing the flare to put a front mud flap on. I live in Alaska where hey gravel the roads and def wanna save on paint by adding a flap and overall keeping the truck cleaner. Would a 3 link push the axle forward enough and still be in spec In order to fit a flap or should I just go ahead and install the icon 1.25" under cool spacer I have. This would then make me need to add another inch to the rear to keep it level-1" rear rake. I have the Carli add a packs on the rear right now. Also almost thinking of going to a cheaper/softer shock for the cold -40 days. The pin tops I don't feel really like the cold weather

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I have some of both companies parts on my truck, and both are well made. I like some parts of one better than the other company so thats what I went with for certain parts and the other company for the other. Trevor and Dave are both helpful over the phone as well and will take time to explain stuff to you.

Check out the duraflap mud flaps I think they make ones to give trucks more clearance.

sootie

Reaction score
3.5" alpha via adding a tei spacer to get to 3.5"? I have a carli pin top 2.5" on a 2013 f250. The 20x9's stick out far enough I put fender flares on...however the tire is to close to rubbing the flare to put a front mud flap on. I live in Alaska where hey gravel the roads and def wanna save on paint by adding a flap and overall keeping the truck cleaner. Would a 3 link push the axle forward enough and still be in spec In order to fit a flap or should I just go ahead and install the icon 1.25" under cool spacer I have. This would then make me need to add another inch to the rear to keep it level-1" rear rake. I have the Carli add a packs on the rear right now. Also almost thinking of going to a cheaper/softer shock for the cold -40 days. The pin tops I don't feel really like the cold weather

three link will do what you want. going higher the way you have it will just make it worse,.

Black AOD

Reaction score
You don't like Dave from one up off-road? Uh

I doubt he's referring to Dave, highly unlikely.

Ill say this: There's some serious OUO/PMF Fan boys on these forums that have done some serious s*it talking and some pretty harsh accusations. The OUO vs. PMF debate went on for forever from what I've seen. All I'll say is another thread like that isn't needed, it never helps....This thread so far has avoided that and has been informative so that's good :toast:

Black AOD

Reaction score
I was unaware of the pissing contest between the two camps. I just want feedback of the setups.

It's not an ongoing thing currently (I don't think?), these kinds of threads have just turned ugly in the past, that's all. So far so good in this thread! :thumbsup:

I personally say you cant go wrong with either. I have OUO with ICON Springs and track bar on my 6.4 but I have seen PMF parts and they look really well made. I wouldn't hesitate to buy either brand, I only got OUO because the shop that built my truck was a dealer for OUO and had the parts on shelf so no wait time for me.

TripleE44

Reaction score

Ill say this: There's some serious OUO/PMF Fan boys on these forums that have done some serious s*it talking and some pretty harsh accusations. The OUO vs. PMF debate went on for forever from what I've seen. All I'll say is another thread like that isn't needed, it never helps....This thread so far has avoided that and has been informative so that's good :toast:

Pretty spot on. I don't really know Dave. My problems with them go back to when I bought my first PMF lift and caught all kinds of crap from the OUO fanboys, and it's continued since.

I was unaware of the pissing contest between the two camps. I just want feedback of the setups.

In terms of quality of parts, you really are good with either.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score

Agreed.

Solids facts go much farther than fan boy'ism. Speaking of which, I have the joints back in stock this week :redspotdance:

Latest posts

Members online