PMF Traction Bars - Fixed vs Floating

KTM300

Reaction score
I have fixed bars because of Trevor's recommendations. I have a 14" lift in the truck, for the floating bars to work properly they need to be parallel with the frame so they are good for a stock height or slightly lifted truck he told me with the size of my lift I was better off with the fixed bars. My truck has all PMF parts in it they are Top Notch!!

I went with the weld on bars fixed and I love them!!
I can't believe that with that much lift and the bars at such a steep angle they don't bind the rear suspension like crazy. As the suspension compresses they going to be trying to move the rear axle backwards a lot. The mounts must have more give than I think they do.

Thanks for the pics.

KTM300

Reaction score
Either system would work well for a stock to small lift height truck, Capt. I personally like the look of the single bar kits.
Trevor would you mind listing the advantages of each style? I think it would help customers make their choice. There must be advantages to each, since you continue to make both styles, correct?

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Don't know where you located but I have a set of Pmf floating bars for sale in MD with 5.5" blocks. Asking 500 obo but needs paint. Blocks were re-powder coated but bars are rusty (surface rust).

Only changing up cause I wanted to drop down the rear a bit

KTM300

Reaction score
I found your 4-sale thread and it says your bars are for a long box. I have a short box. Thanks anyway.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.