Pop when Braking

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I'm having a pop that I can hear/feel whenever braking. I seem to notice it between the speeds of 0-35ish mph when easing around and I let off and apply the brake I will feel a pop 9 times out of 10. I can tell it is on the outside and underneath the truck. It seems to either be straight under the passenger side or front end. Has anyone had any similar experiences like this? Hoping to narrow it down because I don't have any place to really look my truck over or tools right now. It doesn't seem to do it when I am going downhill but flat ground or uphill some it will do it when I let off the accelerator and apply the brakes.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
not sure how many miles you have but you need to start with ball joints, then move to the radius arm bushing and stuff, give it all a good look.

could also be caliper pins, brake pads anything that might not be seated right or is starting to get worn

WoodBoy

Reaction score
62k on it.. I cant recall exactly but I am pretty sure this pop was there before my radius arm bracket install.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Im dealing with a similar issues and I feel it with my left foot through the floor under braking when I get down to 10 or 15 and hear it sometimes. Nut and bolted the whole underside and gave everything a good shake. Haven't been able to find it yet. Don't get it any other time but right at that speed when braking. I will get it up on the stands here soon and try and find it.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Im dealing with a similar issues and I feel it with my left foot through the floor under braking when I get down to 10 or 15 and hear it sometimes. Nut and bolted the whole underside and gave everything a good shake. Haven't been able to find it yet. Don't get it any other time but right at that speed when braking. I will get it up on the stands here soon and try and find it.

Sounds exactly like what I am experiencing except it seems my range of speed when it does it has broadened to where I stated and I can get it to do it on a more frequent basis. I also feel mine through the floorboard with my foot

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Of course I am going to try and check everything out, but I have found where a few guys had a problem, all theirs seem to be when turning or a speed bump but the dealer ended up putting in cab shims and it fixed it? Said there was a TSB for it?

MrMike2010

Reaction score
Yup there's a tsb for it. I had the same problem. Dealer put shims in the front cab body mount on the drivers side. Made a huge difference but every once in awhile it still clunks. And for some reason it's only been a problem in cold weather.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
I spent a few hours going through everything and was not able to find it, but I did not check the fwd most cab mounts, but I did check the back 4. It did show up as soon as it started to cool down. I'll check them today.

Latest posts

Members online