Possible new 6oh owner

THETANK01

Reaction score
well fellas, Im thinking about getting rid of my 7.3 for a 6oh. Mainly because Im tired of the big lift and not being able to use it as a truck. Its more of a weekend warrior/head turner than a truck that I can actually use. Sooooooo, Ive been looking around and ran across a nice 2005 6.0 KR 4x4 that is local. I am gonna try to look at it this week sometime. Is there anything I should look for or ask the owner about? I know a few thing here and there about the problems they have, but I am relatively new to the diesel world still and have only been exposed to the 7.3. Anyways, here is a link to the truck I am interested in (i laughed at the winch too) http://batonrouge.craigslist.org/ctd/4138969471.html

Any input will help!

weazel

Reaction score
Get an oasis report pulled on it, check the degas bottle to make sure it's not spraying out the cap, open it and make sure there is not oil or anything that is not coolant is in it, start it cold and make sure it idles smooth, get it warm (operating temp) turn it off, then start it make sure it does not take too long to start, to check the high pressure oil system for leaks. Pull codes, check fuel levels so on and so forth

Sent from my fortress of awesome

THETANK01

Reaction score
Will do. Still waiting to work something out with thw money. The selwr is hard to catch up with it seems.

THETANK01

Reaction score
Well guys, went and checked out the truck today. Overall it looks good. I checked everything you mentioned minus the restart. Im gonna go back and look at it in a few days. The only down side was the driver seat had a little more wear on it than I expected. He had an 08 tailgate installed and the paint job wasnt to fly. I gotta get the vin tomorrow and my buddy will run the report up at the dealership. If anyone has anymore input let me know.

Mdub707

Reaction score
If you're buying a 6.0 just plan on doing a coolant flush as soon as you get it, with a new oil cooler and I would add a coolant filter and an EGR delete and drive the thing. Use only motorcraft/international fuel and oil filters, no exceptions. Pick a good quality synthetic oil and stay up on maintenance and it should be a good truck. I would get a monitor at some point to watch your temps of EOT and ECT so you can keep en eye on that oil cooler health. If you can do this now someway, you may be able to skip the oil cooler.

golfer

Reaction score

Attachments

• LOLz.jpg
    LOLz.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 41

Latest posts

Members online