Powder coat or bed liner for traction bars?

KTM300

Reaction score
Getting ready to order some PMF traction bars. Trying to decide if I should get the black powder coat option or order them bare and have them painted-to-match. I know color matching powder coat can be difficult, so I am considering have them Line-Xed since they can color match exactly. I am also guessing (but not sure) that the Line-X would more durable than powder coating. Any opinions or recommendations?

08Monster

Reaction score
LineX will be much more durable, but its gonna cost you a fortune. 750 to do a road armor bumper in tan. One bumper

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

TripleE44

Reaction score
If you're going to color match powder under your truck I really don't see why they couldn't just get it really close. What color is the truck?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I just used a good automotive primer and then had napa mix me up a couple of rattle cans of the paint code for the lower part of my truck for my bars. It has held up really well for over a year now and if I were to get a chip they are super easy to touch up. I did the same thing with my springs after the powder coat didn't match up close enough for my liking.

Sent from my I fone 5

KTM300

Reaction score
I was thinking that Line-X wouldn't cost much more than powder coating, but apparently I was wrong. The truck is getting custom painted either Ford Blue Flame or Corvette Jet Stream Blue. I never thought about just rattling canning it myself. I have used custom mixed rattle can paint in the past. I didn't think it would hold up worth a crap to the gravel they use on the roads here in MT.

B.Warning

Reaction score
I just used a good automotive primer and then had napa mix me up a couple of rattle cans of the paint code for the lower part of my truck for my bars. It has held up really well for over a year now and if I were to get a chip they are super easy to touch up. I did the same thing with my springs after the powder coat didn't match up close enough for my liking.

Sent from my I fone 5

I bet it won't hold up as well as the paint on my bars.....

John Deere rattle can ftw

Latest posts

Members online