Power locking tailgate install

ftast350

Reaction score
I purchased the Pop and Lock tailgate power locking kit for my 15 F350 which has horrible wiring instructions so I thought I'd help out. So the instructions say to use a light blue/green stripe and a green/purple strip with no identification to which coloured wires get connected.
After installing the lock I had to remove the backup camera to run the harness through the tailgate. I ran the lock harness with the camera harness for ease of removing the tailgate.
IMG_00251_zps8grm0wqp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_00261_zpsi8jkqira.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I then ran the harness down the drivers side to keep it protected since the fuel tank will keep the majority of dirt and debris away from it. After I had it ran I tried to find the wires specified in the instructions which pissed me off! Anyways I traced the proper wires and they are Grey/Tan stripe and Purple/Grey stripe. I have temporarily connected using the supplied garbage connectors until I get some heat shrink.
IMG_00151_zpsed4aaifh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_00221_zpsckjhhtkv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
After I had everything installed and closed my tailgate the setup vibrated and made a ton of noise when locking and unlocking so I cut up some foam and placed them between the tailgate and the lock.
IMG_00231_zps3bp39haw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Everything works great now! Can't wait to get rid of those chappy connectors!

Last edited:

ftast350

Reaction score
The lock works great! Its a nice feeling knowing that the tailgate is locked everytime you are walking away. I bought the kit for $138 cndn I think its under $100 USD. also the way it is setup it would be on the second stage unlock with the passenger doors. my apologies for the crappy pictures by the way!

Latest posts

Members online