Power loss

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Having a power issue while cruising doing 25 or 70 it feels like I have an exhaust brake on or a heavy ass trailer at times. It is intermittent happens at random times drove around while plugged in to a scan tool which it did not show any parameters were out of normal operating spec. Changed all filters, oil, good fuel, and alignment is spot on nothing is hanging up. i pulled my tuner out and still have the same issue then it goes away and it feels like the truck is on rails. I went as far as putting stock wheels and tires on with 60 psi and it is still present.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Feels like I have an engine brake on specifically on a slight down grade it will slow my truck down or on a flat grade it feel like I have a trailer behind me. i could be cruising with light throttle and it will start lugging drop five or more mph then down shift pull hard up shift and maintain speed fine most noticeable while on flat ground when there is no need to downshift. Runs fine for a period of time then it repeats at inconvenient times or under circumstances that it regularly would not perform likewise.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Fuel pressure is fine I do not recall what the voltages were when I get some free time I will check.

Arisley

Reaction score
Check the big single wire that connects to the alternator. Sometimes the lug breaks inside of the heat shrink. Gives an intermittent connection and the heat shrink is tough enough to hold it together and look fine. Wiggle it and you will know if it is broken on the inside though.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
I already repaired the wire but I did a shoddy job but I was in a o **** moment. The ebpv was removed but my tuning does not reflect that is gone.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
as stated, check that wire and check every single connection there is while idling.. i had a stumble similar to this and it turns out that the icp sensor was not connected correctly even though it snapped into place..

also as stated, these can do some funky off the wall things when voltage drops below 14v. i know my dually throws a dam fit when it goes below 14v..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
That problem is fixed was running 13.2VDC repaired the terminal now it runs better. I did a compression check because it was burning a little oil in the morning on start up and it has been 60+ degrees in the morning. it has been burning 2 quarts between oil changes(3500 mile intervals) 3 quarts at the last one. Found two cylinders low 5 and 8 at around 385 the rest are at 425-430 range. How long should I be able to run this engine before I slap a long block together?

Latest posts

Members online