Power mirrors from Lariat on XLT?

Carlo C.

Reaction score
Guys,
I purchased a wrecked very low milage 08 F350 Dually a while back for parts. I removed the mirrors, Little controller and harnesses out of the doors to install on my XLT. I was hoping it was going to be a plug and play, but no such luck. It is all installed on my 08, but nothing works. I am hoping you guys may be able to fill me in on what I need to to to make these work/

Thanks in advance.
Carlo

Racer71

Reaction score
We’re the connectors in the door for the mirrors and we’re all the wires present, same count and arrangement as the new mirror?

Carlo C.

Reaction score
We’re the connectors in the door for the mirrors and we’re all the wires present, same count and arrangement as the new mirror?
I cant answer that because I removed the original Harnesses, Mirrors and all the controls from the Lariat and put them on my XLT. My power windows and locks all work perfect, but nothing to the mirrors. In a dumb move not thinking I threw away the original XLT harnesses out of the doors. Both trucks are 08 models.

Carlo

Racer71

Reaction score
Ok so look at the connection in door jamb, sometimes not all of the wiring is in the harness, power mirrors are fed by fuses 12 and 25 in the fusebox on pass side kick panel, power fold is fed by fuse 31 under hood box. May be wiring missing in the dash harness that feeds and connects the doors

Attachments

• IMG_4126.png
    IMG_4126.png
    245.7 KB · Views: 45

Carlo C.

Reaction score
Ok so look at the connection in door jamb, sometimes not all of the wiring is in the harness, power mirrors are fed by fuses 12 and 25 in the fusebox on pass side kick panel, power fold is fed by fuse 31 under hood box. May be wiring missing in the dash harness that feeds and connects the doors
If that is the case is there a way to make this all work?

Thanks
Carlo

Racer71

Reaction score
You could add in the missing wiring, it would take a bit of work, but easier than swapping dash harness.