Power Service

Big Bore

Reaction score
Grey in summer, white in winter. I buy the big jugs at WalMart. Make sure you dont put it near anything you dont want to smell like diesel kleen. Once opened, the smell seeps out no matter what you do.

moose99psd

Reaction score
i wont run the stuff, saw a few posts a few years back showing whats in it, and its not good. i dont run anything but shaeffers now. and my truck likes the shaeffers alot better, quiets injectors and noticed a small milage increse. JMO

cfdeng7

Reaction score
i wont run the stuff, saw a few posts a few years back showing whats in it, and its not good. i dont run anything but shaeffers now. and my truck likes the shaeffers alot better, quiets injectors and noticed a small milage increse. JMO

Care to share these posts? I've never heard any bad things and have been running it for years and thousands and thousands of miles without any issues.

Atsah

Reaction score
Ya, I have been useing it for years as well.. No problems.. Trucks, tractors, dozers, skidders..

Atsah

Reaction score
All I know is it's not uncommon for morning temps Jan -March to be in the +5 to -20 range here in Maine and I have never gelled a machine that was sitting in the woods all night long nor have I gelled a truck that was sitting all night unplugged with plenty of Power Service in them.. Before we bought new Tigercat skidders we used old 230 timberjacks, no heat lines, nothing, they were bare bones and Power Service never failed me.. That's about as good a test as I need..

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
Just to clarify, i posted those links after looking for kinda unbiased results. I used the silver bottle in my IDI and loved it. Also used virgin ATF and motor oil.

Atsah

Reaction score
Just to clarify, i posted those links after looking for kinda unbiased results. I used the silver bottle in my IDI and loved it. Also used virgin ATF and motor oil.

Ya, I used the silver bottle also in the summer until I switched to the Ford stuff.. It worked fine but my buddy buys the Ford Performance Cetane boost buy the gallon for me for $28.00 a gallon and it only takes 4 oz's per 25 gallons so it's more cost effective for me to use the Ford stuff and my truck likes it..

abbottfarms

Reaction score
All I know is it's not uncommon for morning temps Jan -March to be in the +5 to -20 range here in Maine and I have never gelled a machine that was sitting in the woods all night long nor have I gelled a truck that was sitting all night unplugged with plenty of Power Service in them.. Before we bought new Tigercat skidders we used old 230 timberjacks, no heat lines, nothing, they were bare bones and Power Service never failed me.. That's about as good a test as I need..

I'll stand right there with you Mark. I have never had an issue with fuel treated with power service. I run it in all of my trucks and equipment.

wildstang3

Reaction score
I run the white bottle and carry 911 also they are running a buy american special with ted nuggent if you buy the big bottle they give you a refund card for a 5 dollar refund (that makes the bottle almost half price) if you go through the stuff like we do it adds up quick

Big Bore

Reaction score
Well Diesel Kleen didnt exactly shine in the scar test, but it still improved the fuel lubricity. And increasing the mixture theoretically should improve that. I tend to be pretty liberal with it. It's def better than straight fuel. And just over a week ago when we had -15 weather, winter fuel was gelling bad. I put some white bottle in the tank and it cleared right up and has been starting really well on cold mornings (well below zero), so not sure what happened with the gel test the guy did.

TyCorr

Reaction score
The white bottle is good...people say the stuff is bad. SO is ULSD. So is having your truck gel up and not run...you could die.

I didnt run any last winter, intentionally, and no problems. Well my dmax work truck gelled up twice, I excluded it from the experiment from there on out.

Ive only gelled up a 7.3 once. It happened in my 03 back in 05...bout 15* snowy weather in Nov. It had been warm the week before and then it got cold and snowed. Filled up on the road and about ten mins later I was sitting on the side of the road. Luckily I was able to get some kerosene in the filter housing and the tank...It started, smoked alot then stopped smoking and it was business as usual. My 2000 hasnt gelled in 265k miles. Even last winter when it sat for a month in <15* temps with a lot of WMO in the fuel system.

Latest posts

Members online