problem after torque converter install

Halvy85

Reaction score
Had my RCD t/c, and imput shaft put in a few weeks ago and ever since then the transmission has been acting up. Almost like the rev slam issue these things sometimes have only 10x worse. Happens most around 15-20 mph driving around town if i let off the throttle and coast for a little bit when i go to speed up engine revs like its in neutral then slams into gear. Has happend a few times at higher speeds but usually not once the t/c is locked. I also noticed on the way to work tonight that after going through a 35 mph zone i got into the throttle about 3/4 and t/c didnt lock until around 60-65. Ive had my truck set on the 275EL tune from spartan for months. Any idea's or things i can try to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

pog

Reaction score
try doing a wot at 35 and i bet the tc will lock almost right away.

Halvy85

Reaction score
Well I reloaded the tune tonight before work and it seems to be shifting way better. I've only got about 50 miles on it and most of that is highway but definitely seems smoother. Thanks for the advice.

SICKS LITER

Reaction score
PC-A solenoid can cause issues like that as well. delayed harsh engagement into reverse and drive, falling out of gear when off the gas, slipping or harsh shifts.

Halvy85

Reaction score
Im gona put some more miles on it tomorrow and hopefully get something figured out. Fluid levels are all good but I did have to top it back off after I drove it home from the shop.

webb06

Reaction score
I have this exact same issue. I never got any decent replies on my thread and I swapped out a solenoid that didn't help anything. It did it so bad once that it threw the truck in to almost a limp mode. Then acted fine the next morning. I'm getting mine rebuilt with a suncoast kit

6.4stroke

Same problem. RCD TC with suncoast internals. Eric's xtreme race tune. I have about 20k on my built tranny same problem

Latest posts

Members online