problem child 6.0

SmokeyStroker

Reaction score
SO. I am currently trying to diag a manual 03 6.0 at work right now and am at a small loss of what to do next. Truck sounds like its trying to come apart when under no boost, but when boost comes in it sounds like your standard 6.0. Hpop, all the hp oil lines , ipr, icp, and oil rails were replaced about 3 weeks ago when I was chasing multiple issues with this truck. Vanes and unison ring were replaced also. The last repair the hpop came apart and it had multiple line leaks. The company I am repairing this for said they put 8 new injectors in themselves about a year ago. All my values look good, but truck has NO bottom end power and makes super loud hydraulic (oil rail) noise around cruising speeds ~2k rpms. Could the pump failure trash these injectors if the failure was bad enough? Also, the truck doesnt seem to skip, but on the power balance #2,#3,#4, and #6 are dropping out randomly. FICM voltage is 48. Help lol.:fustrate:

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
^this. And it wouldnt be a bad idea to double check the yorque on the injectors for piece.of.mind.

Latest posts

Members online