problems with edge evolution

jstephenspence

Reaction score
has anyone used the edge evolution programmer and had problems with it. I had one on my 97 and it started shifting really hard. The trans now is leaking a small amount of fluid. This is my Fourth trans.(2-TCI, 1-Ford stock and another local rebuild) I was told by a friend that the edge programmers were trans killers and was wondering if it was the problem all along. I don't really pull anything bigger than a 4-wheeler and had the programmer set on the tow level. The only other mods I have are intake and exhaust upgrades.

mandkole

Reaction score
Talk to Power Hungry Performance ... Bill Cohron is likely the foremost expert on the Evo that rolls these forums.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
has anyone used the edge evolution programmer and had problems with it. I had one on my 97 and it started shifting really hard. The trans now is leaking a small amount of fluid. This is my Fourth trans.(2-TCI, 1-Ford stock and another local rebuild) I was told by a friend that the edge programmers were trans killers and was wondering if it was the problem all along. I don't really pull anything bigger than a 4-wheeler and had the programmer set on the tow level. The only other mods I have are intake and exhaust upgrades.

Edge tuners have dropped a great many transmissions due to their terrible (actually, non-existent) transmission tuning.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Edge tuners and for that matter ALL OBD plug in tuners for 7.3s are JUNK. Only way to go is a TS or TS style chip WITH custom tunes burned onto it. Many many to choose from. Beans, Swamps, Tony, Gearhead, PHP, DP, Tyrant(cale), and others. Bobby@cp can hook you up.

Latest posts

Members online