Problems with gogo's direct solenoid?

AKHILF

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had a problem with theres? I think I am but just checking to see if anyone else has. Im going to put the stock direct solenoid back in and see if it stops the problem. I can drive to work but on the way home as soon as I get off the highway on the way home the od light starts flashing, first gear is then skipped. The code that I got was P0768 for solenoid D electric circuit failure and P0765 electric circuit open failure same solenoid.

AKHILF

Reaction score
I can't find his number. This post was not to bash on him. I was just wondering if it's happened before. Does anyone have his number? His web page is being upgraded.

chappy

Reaction score
Mines been flawless in 2 trannys so far. Love it especially with the spd tune. Reverse is instant with the pair . I thought something was wrong the first time backing out the driveway.

AKHILF

Reaction score
It was at the time I know for sure. It's been a about 6 months I think since I did it. I guess something could have came loose. I just need to get a day off and drop the pan. I still have the stock solenoid also so If it's not a connection issue I'll put it in. Doug said it could be the tune also. Iv been running this tune for a while though and I tried a few of my other gearhead tunes. He's sending me a tune to test out and see if the problem still happens.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
It was at the time I know for sure. It's been a about 6 months I think since I did it. I guess something could have came loose. I just need to get a day off and drop the pan. I still have the stock solenoid also so If it's not a connection issue I'll put it in. Doug said it could be the tune also. Iv been running this tune for a while though and I tried a few of my other gearhead tunes. He's sending me a tune to test out and see if the problem still happens.

a circuit code will not be a tune issue.

AKHILF

Reaction score

I called doug, he's the one that said it more than likely tune related. Kyle what else should I check? The weird part is I don't loose 3rd 4th or 5th or reverse when the od light starts flashing and The codes reads a circuit problem solenoid D. As soon as it starts flashing first gear is gone it dosnt even try to use it. When the lights not flashing the trans feels perfect not one problem. Back when I first got this tranny it had a couple shift flares but I havnt had one since I got the gogo solenoid.

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
I just put a used low mile tranny in my truck, I also had the GoGo solenoid installed and its awesome soo far, I am only running Innovatives tow tune and PHP ficm tuning, Im hoping to get my new PHP tunes loaded up this weekend and see how it works out

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I called doug, he's the one that said it more than likely tune related. Kyle what else should I check? The weird part is I don't loose 3rd 4th or 5th or reverse when the od light starts flashing and The codes reads a circuit problem solenoid D. As soon as it starts flashing first gear is gone it dosnt even try to use it. When the lights not flashing the trans feels perfect not one problem. Back when I first got this tranny it had a couple shift flares but I havnt had one since I got the gogo solenoid.

when the solenoid gets hot,it prolly wigging out resistance wise or wiring. you would need to drive the truck until the light starts to flash,then resistance test that sol thru the wiring,or at the bulk head. resistance should be around 5.5 ohms.

in reverse direct is engaged thru the manual valve in the trans. hence why reverse isnt effected. i have no doubt once the code pops,the trans will shift 3-4,ignoring 5th(direct)

as long as reverse feels good. your direct clutches should be fine. the solenoid very well could have just gone bad. just because its not stock doesnt mean it cant ever have issues.

good luck

Zmann

Reaction score
they are just modified stock solenoids and there were a few folks with issues a while back
but that was right out of the packaging IIRC

I bet if you swap out to your old one the problem will be gone

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.