Progress report on my build

White_monster

Reaction score
It's built the way it is to fit under the cab. The Mpd manifolds are pretty tall so space was an issue. Also I feel how I mounted it looks the best. I did a lot of searching on compound turbo setups on everything from cummins and duramaxs to 4 cylinder cars and marine and heavy duty equipment. Ppe makes a successful kit and Dmitri Millard made big power with it and how I'm doing it is very similar. I'm not saying mines better or worse it's just another way to do it and it's what I preferred. This truck is a daily driver, well when I'm not at work, mounting the turbo this way gave me the strongest pedestal option I felt.

Last edited:

Crack85

Reaction score
Idk why you are running ball bearing chargers. Everyone knows they are turds and arent as good as JB borgs :poke: ... lol Im only kidding. Im pretty excited to see a truck perform with a pair of higher end turbos that are on the market. This thing has the potential to be highest hp 6.4 with the big turbos, big fuel, and built motor. Oh, and nitrous of course.

On another note, and Im not bashing, and wouldnt think of it because Im not a fabricator.... But why choose to mount the hp like that? When I look at my truck, and some others that are built, or are being built, it almost works perfect to mount it sideways in terms of the up pipes having a smooth transition and not a crazy bend into the turbo. And also the intermediate pipe comes basically straight out rather then turn 180 degrees to get to the atmosphere. Just picking your brain a bit, because a lot of trucks have been built both ways.

How many of them with the turbo mounted as you suggested have the elite ccv intact? Not a lot of room for it when u do it that way

madman1234509

Reaction score
Im not suggesting he do it a particular way. I was just curious as to why some people do it that way. There are pros and cons to it, as he said. I also didnt realize that they were mpd up pipes. I assumed they were his since by pics it looks like he has the talent to do it..... Regardless, like I said, this thing def has the potential to be highest hp 6.4.

White_monster

Reaction score
Gtx4088r arrived. Tacked the comp outlet on.
20140403_124030.jpg

White_monster

Reaction score
More progress has been made. Haven't mounted the gtx4088r yet but it's identical to the gt4094r so no big deal. My aluminum arrived for the intake manifold and cold side pipe and I got started on that. Need to acquire a tube notcher to continue so that will be at least 2 weeks till funds are available for it to be purchased. A shipment of 304ss arrived too. It's tight radius, 3" centerline radius, so great for my exhaust intermediate pipe. Rcd oil filter relocation kit arrived too. Morgan sent me a set of his 1 piece pushrods and he sent me a bunch of IC hoses and a bead roller. Next I gotta order a bunch of 321ss for the up pipes and decide what gates I'm using. Here's some pictures. Oh the ccv neck is in the factory location too.
20140409_120519.jpg

20140415_022030.jpg

20140415_022215.jpg

20140417_113831.jpg

20140417_113906.jpg

20140417_113923.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.