Progress report on my build

White_monster

Reaction score
Well now that I've got a days on the truck and things have settled into place I can say I'm happy with the truck. It starts spooling at 1600-1700rpm and by 1800-2000 I've got 10psi boost and it only climbs from there. I'm running 40psi springs in the gates and boost is peaking around 80-83psi with 90psi back pressure which is excellent. Egts at WOT are 1700 degrees. All I can say is it works well and drives just like my max powers did. Can't wait to hit the track or dyno next year with it and see what it can do. Oh the Elite stage 5 trans is shifting beautiful and the OUO traction bars make it shift smooth with no harsh kick. Honestly the truck drives around town like it's stock which is exactly what I wanted, but push the pedal and it's game on.

Also ordered up some new headlights from JD and a set of King shocks and a catch can from Mike at No Limit.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Well now that I've got a days on the truck and things have settled into place I can say I'm happy with the truck. It starts spooling at 1600-1700rpm and by 1800-2000 I've got 10psi boost and it only climbs from there. I'm running 40psi springs in the gates and boost is peaking around 80-83psi with 90psi back pressure which is excellent. Egts at WOT are 1700 degrees. All I can say is it works well and drives just like my max powers did. Can't wait to hit the track or dyno next year with it and see what it can do. Oh the Elite stage 5 trans is shifting beautiful and the OUO traction bars make it shift smooth with no harsh kick. Honestly the truck drives around town like it's stock which is exactly what I wanted, but push the pedal and it's game on.

Also ordered up some new headlights from JD and a set of King shocks and a catch can from Mike at No Limit.
It's alway nice when getting on it but not going past 25-30% throttle you need to use a 100psi boost gauge since the factory gauge is pegged.:thumbsup:

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Need to try your tune Trevor. Haven't had time to switch.
That one may have some rail pressure issues that I think I finally have under control. But since you are running much larger injectors it might be different.

Last edited:

White_monster

Reaction score
Drove the truck from Alberta to British Columbia. Head the sleds on the deck and the box full of steel and tools. It drove pretty well. Cruising at 60mph it runs a bit hot on the egts, 1000 degrees, but if I hit tow haul it is perfect at 650-700 degrees. Going to look at tuning and see if something can be adjusted or its just the nature of the beast which I can deaload with. I will say it's not the best on fuel but it's not terrible. The lag at 10,000' was no difference from my max powers setup unless in OD and under 1300rpm but a quick down shift and the truck is back in business. Watching the gauges on the 12hr drive it turns out ebp and boost are within 2psi of each other which is good. I'd like to tune it more and see if I can dial it in even more. All I can say is the truck is a blast to drive and I'm stoked it's working like I hoped.

78f100

Reaction score
Congrats on getting it back up again, that is a beautiful place you have there, and a beautiful baby chilling by the truck I didn't know you had a kid, so you are right about trucks being low on the priority list. That's the reason I can never do my regular cab. Post some pics, Im always amazed with your fab skills.

pog

Reaction score
U gonna be passing thru my neck of the woods? Or just in pen?

White_monster

Reaction score
Received my King shocks the other day and boy what a difference, finally a smooth ride. Ordered up a set of King 2.5 air bumps for the front so I'll install them when they arrive. Been driving the truck lots and can hear a small exhaust leak so I need to find the source and fix that. Been talking with Tadd from Elite about cams and am looking at switching out to a different one if it's really going to make a difference.
Truck needs a good bath after the big move from Alberta to BC. Once the new shop is all organized I'll build myself a custom washer fluid bottle out of aluminum. Also plan to redo a couple pipes to clean things up before paint. Once I'm happy with the piping I will paint the intake piping. From there I'm not sure what is next for the truck. Maybe a Dana 80 rear end but who knows.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Spray. All of it.

Just stack bottles in the bed till it cant fit anymore. lol

Latest posts

Members online