Project: Reliability - Its 6.0 Delete Time

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Its an industrial 190 pump but its actually git 12mm plungers

Thanks Marty!

Huh, all the research I did yielded that those industrial pumps had 11mm plungers. Maybe its just the earlier years, and the later higher horsepower pumps had 12mm. Good to know, and good to see everything coming together a little at a time!

Matt_P

Reaction score
Huh, all the research I did yielded that those industrial pumps had 11mm plungers. Maybe its just the earlier years, and the later higher horsepower pumps had 12mm. Good to know, and good to see everything coming together a little at a time!

Yeah thats what I thought as well, but the guy I bought this from on compd said both these p pump kits he was selling had 12mm plungers along with the same governor dodge pick ups have so I got lucky there.

And thanks! The whole waiting for parts thing is killin me. I didnt work on it today for that reason. Tomorrow I should hopefully have my 4k springs, rack plug, 191 dvs, came position sensor adapter bracket, restricted oil inlet fitting for the p pump, o ring for the p pump and timing cover gasket.

So tomorrow I can get all that on, my oil pump wont be here til friday, but I can get the ps pump on as well, adjust valve lash, figure out this alternator bracket, get the rear main seal and oil pan on, exhaust manifold. Then Im still waiting on my injection lines to get here along with my adapter brackets to run the apps sensor on the p pump.

Still a lot left to do before this engine is ready to go on LOL

Then either saturday or monday Im going over to watch my trans get built!

Marty

Reaction score
Now that I have more time to respond.

Man you are running through some money bud. You've got a helluva lot of money wrapped up in that engine. It's hard to appreciate what you're doing until you do it. The truck in your avatar looks very nice. I hope once its done it's worth it to you. Modifying our trucks is a never ending project. Can't wait to see what you do next with it.

Matt_P

Reaction score
Now that I have more time to respond.

Man you are running through some money bud. You've got a helluva lot of money wrapped up in that engine. It's hard to appreciate what you're doing until you do it. The truck in your avatar looks very nice. I hope once its done it's worth it to you. Modifying our trucks is a never ending project. Can't wait to see what you do next with it.

Yeah I really wasnt planning on spending all this money on this swap, I dont even want to start adding up the amount of money Ive ran through this past month and a half :doh: Once I pulled the head off though and saw what the two cylinders looked like it was down hill from there LOL

I almost was going to sell this truck and get a new truck, so my reasoning is that this truck is in amazing shape body wise so if I spend the money and have a brand new engine and tranny and do it the way I want it will be better than a new truck with payments. I just want to make sure its all done right which is why Im replacing anything questionable as I go through the engine.

Your very right though, its hard to appreciate the amount of work that goes into something like this, I know I didnt until I dove into this project! Plus I figured I might as well build it the way I pretty much wanted performance wise while Im building the hole engine. Id like a 600 horse good running DD and Im hoping thats what Ill end up with here.

And thanks for the compliment about the truck! I really like the truck so its another reason I was willing to put in all this work. Plus after my old fummins and all the issues with it I wanted to say I built this one myself and with the help of friends and that its built right.

Im hoping Ill be very happy with it and modifying our trucks is definitely a never ending project! and even more fun when your doing it yourself, I know I love to do it.

Im not sure what will be in store next, Im just ready to enjoy driving it again:D

Triples and 1000hp fuel only.

ha no for this truck, this is the DD Ill have more hopes like that with my black truck

CamTom12

Reaction score
I almost was going to sell this truck and get a new truck, so my reasoning is that this truck is in amazing shape body wise so if I spend the money and have a brand new engine and tranny and do it the way I want it will be better than a new truck with payments. I just want to make sure its all done right which is why Im replacing anything questionable as I go through the engine.

I love your logic here. The money you're spending now is really just like a one-time truck payment for something you KNOW will work when you need it to be.

Nothing like having your wrench on the job so you know it's done right :D

Matt_P

Reaction score
I love your logic here. The money you're spending now is really just like a one-time truck payment for something you KNOW will work when you need it to be.

Nothing like having your wrench on the job so you know it's done right :D

Thanks! Yeah Ill have it set up just how I want it and Ill know whats gone into it so thats the best option in my opinon!

I worked a little more on the engine today, got the pump mocked up on the engine and got the mount where it needs to be and figured out the oil feed line and got a 4an stainless line made for it.

Also mocked up the turbo and manifold to see how the stock feed and return lines will have to be modified.

Here are two quick pics:
DSC01134.jpg

DSC01135.jpg

Matt_P

Reaction score
Getting closer, pump is getting timed tomorrow. And also a close up picture of the oil feed line I got made for the p pump
IMG_20120217_142432.jpg

IMG_20120217_142007.jpg

Matt_P

Reaction score
Looking good, makes me want to do a conversion someday

Thanks!

looking good.

How much longer till you fire it up?

Thank you, umm Id say 2 weeks or so hopefully. Im going to watch my trans get built tomorrow morning. Then I gotta pick up my oil pump and get that on so I can get the front cover on. Maybe try and get the engine off the stand to get the rear main and oil pan on and bolt it up to the tranny.

Worked for a while this weekend on figuring out my wiring for the tranny with the dodge PCM as well.

Im still waiting on my engine mounts and injection lines though. The waiting for parts aspect has been the real time killer.

Matt_P

Reaction score
Well i watched my trans get built yesterday, but didnt do any work on the engine today, instead I worked on the fun part of the swap
IMG_20120221_211620.jpg

Matt_P

Reaction score
Engine is pretty much finished besides pulling it off the stand to put the rear main on and oil pan. Couple other small details left as well. Now I just gotta wait on my destroked mounts to get here to put the engine in.

Big thanks to Jason and Bryan as well for fixing my valve cover and polishing it up real nice. Today I got the turbo all polished up too.
DSC01137.jpg

DSC01140.jpg

DSC01143.jpg

Latest posts

Members online