Project Ultimate Work Truck

Reaction score
I have 20 all the way around and over the factory in the rear. Honestly I'd never go less. The regular cab is 5 all the way around. I'm gonna pull the tint strip and have the windshield done in 50 too. I love it, but it's not practical on a working truck at night. That's why I stayed 20 all over on all the trucks that ever pull a trailer. Way to much of a pain to tow at night any past 20%.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I see. That car I referenced was daily driven in Chicago with that 2% what they call limo tint and it wasnt bad. But no towing,lol. Im torn man. The 5 would be sweet for.security and light blockage but at night it would suck as Ive already considered extra led's and a tailgate light bar that has backup.leds too help.out. My fronts are currently untinted,lol.

Edit:Morgan I think 20 is.probably a decent target.

RedRice589

Reaction score
I have 5 all the way around and I'll say it's not bad as long as your trailer is well lit. I had 20% in front and factory on the back in my old 6.4 it wasn't enough. I can't have any less or my eyes start hurting from strain. And I wear my costs a lot. But red hair blue eyes doesn't help. I have great sight now but I can't have less than 5. And I use my truck for work everyday. But like Morgan said 20% all the way around works great if you need to see still with a trailer. My horse trailer is short so it's not a problem. If I had a longer flatbed it may be more of an issue.

SAK

Reaction score
20% on the front windows and 5% on the rear and back windows. I have no problem towing at night, if I get in a spot that I can't see, I just roll down the windows or open the slider.

Reaction score
I love 5% all they way around, even over factory. It's just not feasible for a working truck. That's why I cant wait to get back into my reg cab. So much better being in the dark when it's daylight lol!

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
Not that its pertinent in trailer towing but i did just my rear window over the factory with 5% and its fairly tough to see out of the rearview mirror with my oakleys on. Maybe when I get it done, i wont need dark, polarized shades anymore.

Redrice-my eyes and sun dont play well either. Ive been like that since I was about 18. I kept getting harrassed for the tint though. I tried to get a medical excuse and I had no recourse.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I think ill attempt 20% over everything, tinted or not. I dont know if anyone would.do the windshield.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yea! I called one.place and they wont do it.

Call out of state. They only have to legally abide by their state rules.. thats how I got mine done on the 6.7... in michigan its illegal to have any tint whatso***ingever on the windshield. Only allowed a 4 inch strip on the front top side windows. The guy I had do it in Minnesota said he would do limo tint all the way around if I wanted cuz I was out of state.. I guess in Minnesota your supposed to only be able to get it with a prescription.

live life full throttle

RedRice589

Reaction score
Not that its pertinent in trailer towing but i did just my rear window over the factory with 5% and its fairly tough to see out of the rearview mirror with my oakleys on. Maybe when I get it done, i wont need dark, polarized shades anymore.

Redrice-my eyes and sun dont play well either. Ive been like that since I was about 18. I kept getting harrassed for the tint though. I tried to get a medical excuse and I had no recourse.

Out of state tags.... Lol works like a charm.... 8 months out of the year I'm out of state. They leave me alone. I usually take my cost as off to maneuver. But if it's dark I open the slider to back up. If I have a trailer on I roll side windows down. I don't need them down when going forward. But a horse trailer is better than a flatbed to see.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Yea! I called one.place and they wont do it.

My local place gave me a lecture on how its illegal and they're not responsible but said they'll do it... I have 15 on the fronts now, 5s on the back. Having them put a second layer over it all to even them up to like 3% and do 50 on the windshield. Can't wait

sootie

Reaction score
Call out of state. They only have to legally abide by their state rules.. thats how I got mine done on the 6.7... in michigan its illegal to have any tint whatso***ingever on the windshield. Only allowed a 4 inch strip on the front top side windows. The guy I had do it in Minnesota said he would do limo tint all the way around if I wanted cuz I was out of state.. I guess in Minnesota your supposed to only be able to get it with a prescription.

live life full throttle

a friend of mine in Detroit gets a new Denali every year and it gets windshield tint no issues there...

B.Warning

Reaction score
Ugh oh

nazyse2e.jpg

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score

live life full throttle

Is.your 00 tinted? Windshield?

Ive got bigger fish to.fry under the hood.right.now but its still gonna get done.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Is.your 00 tinted? Windshield?

Ive got bigger fish to.fry under the hood.right.now but its still gonna get done.

sorta. Kinda. Yeah it has tint on it. Buuuuuuut it was my failed attempt at trying my hand at it.. the windshield has a 5% brow with a split at the rear view mirror. Looks like chit.. the sides I resorted to the 20% static cling stuff cuz after ruining $80 worth of tint I gave up and went with the cling on stuff that no matter how many times the wind blows it around or it falls off the window and you can just hose it off to clean it up without kinking the *** out of it, goes right back on without an issue. Just gotta make sure that its trimmed along the window seals so that it doesnt contact it a wrinkle up and make sure that you take the door apart so that it can be put on lower than the bottom window seal/dust shield. Works great but its not as clear as normal tint.. has a cloudy purple haze looking out but looking from the outside in its black.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online