Project Wheels Up

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Bringing this back from the dead. Friend is looking at 51 f6 and wants to put a 7.3 into it. What did you ever figure out for wiring? I tried to search for the page where it was talked about but had no luck. He wants bare minimum to run the motor.. manual trans, all that stuff. What did you figure out on your harness?

Everything is there. It's just tucked behind the dash. That's the easiest thing to do. Then I just clipped the unneeded wiring on the motor and put it inside a wiring loom.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Just a quick update. Last year I twisted off the driveline and it's sat ever since. I finally got it out of storage and have been trying the last few days to get it ready for this weekend. (April 4th) The carnage was a bit more than expected. The trans bellhousing was snapped off, the driveline twisted in 2, the trans cooler lines were severed, and the rear end got screwed up in some way. It'll turn forward but it binds in reverse. I got the new bigger beefier driveline in, the spare bts trans is in, and I am waiting on my new Detroit Auto Locker to get here tuesday. Still hoping to run Saturday. Other changes I've made is I got rid of the daily driver tune for an actual race file, I put the front end back on including headlights, turn signals, grille, and a new fiberglass hood, I also built me a set of caltracs. The last thing I changed is a secret. LOL

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Ha! Well this one is between me and the truck. Let's just say the engine makes a good bit more power than it did. That is if it doesn't blow up from it. LOL

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Ha! Well this one is between me and the truck. Let's just say the engine makes a good bit more power than it did. That is if it doesn't blow up from it. LOL

1) Moar Fuel
2) Moar Air
or
3) Fixed a stupid issue that shouldn't really have been an issue to begin with - hence that is why it is between the truck and you and not really public.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.