PTP Stage 1 & 2 Powermaxes

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Just letting you guys know we are working on some new set ups for the 6.0 crowd. We are currently testing two stages of Powermax turbos, the Stage 1 is a 66mm cast wheel and the Stage 2 is a 71mm available in cast or billet. We are going to be gathering before / after dyno test # 's as well as differences in EGT, Boost, Back Pressure and over all Driveability. These are not recommended for stock injector set ups obviously, but for the guys who have stepped up injectors and need more air than the standard box Powermax can provide and want to retain their VGT for quick spool up these may be the ticket.

Once we have some data to go over we can decide what changes need to be made if any before offering them on the site. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on good things to come from PTP.

Here's a peak at the 71 below.

1376515_10151924925131558_2123342160_n.jpg

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
No doubt. Saw some great results over the weekend on DeRanged with mine. Danny will most likely need tires soon if all goes well LOL

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
No doubt. Saw some great results over the weekend on DeRanged with mine. Danny will most likely need tires soon if all goes well LOL

No joke saw that, that thing is a beast. And Danny was the perfect guy to test this turbo for us. If anyone was going to break it t would be Danny LoL. We are also working on something for the 6.4 and 6.7 crowd too, pretty pumped about that too.

strokin20

Reaction score
If you need a tester for the 6.4 stuff, feel free to hit me up. I'm in central Texas so not too far away from you guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

JMart

Reaction score
Are these made by modding a regular pmax? The reason I ask is I already have a pmax but want to upgrade to larger sticks later and was wondering if I could get my pmax upgraded or would I have to sell it and pick up one of these.

Im also interested to see how Danny does towing with his set up since the most I would ever tow would be a car in an inclosed trailer.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Are these made by modding a regular pmax? The reason I ask is I already have a pmax but want to upgrade to larger sticks later and was wondering if I could get my pmax upgraded or would I have to sell it and pick up one of these.

Im also interested to see how Danny does towing with his set up since the most I would ever tow would be a car in an inclosed trailer.

Yes sir these all start out as a new Powermax and then are modified to our specs. We could do the same to your Powermax but price will vary depending on condition of it. If the bearings are no good, scored shaft and so on it may require a rebuild as well. Until we inspected it and knew the condition of it we wouldn't really be able to quote a cost to modify yours to these specs.

On towing honestly not sure, I can tell you thats not its purpose nor its suggested use. It would probably work good in Dannys case just because it spools up effortlessly but we in no way recommend these as towing set ups.

Thanks

JMart

Reaction score
Yes sir these all start out as a new Powermax and then are modified to our specs. We could do the same to your Powermax but price will vary depending on condition of it. If the bearings are no good, scored shaft and so on it may require a rebuild as well. Until we inspected it and knew the condition of it we wouldn't really be able to quote a cost to modify yours to these specs.

Thanks

Thats cool. I understand completely. Its not going to happen anytime soon so I might just pick up a new unit anyway but I was just asking to see if that was even an option.

That 71 on Danny's truck looks like a beast.

Sprman

Reaction score
I can say that with the 66mm and stock sticks, it takes a few secs for it to spool but once it does, it's an animal even with stock sticks. I even towed a Jeep from Texas to Colorado and back with it and EGT's were staying around 1000-1100, but saw as high as 1300 when the problem showed it's face. Just backed off and let it get back to normal and kept going. I'm having some electrical issues (i think) but once that gets solved and the tuning is fine tuned (running Matt's tune right now), I think i'm going to be very happy and will eventually step up to larger sticks. But for now, the 66mm is working out great. The boost #'s are off due to the electrical gremlin I'm trying to trace down, but they are around 30-35 psi right now. Truck definitely runs great, just gotta get rid of the gremlin I have. More data/info when the issues get resolved!!

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I have one here I can send you if you guys don't have something kicking around the shop. It's worth a shot to see if the truck performs differently. Matt may be able to comment better on this but iirc I remember hearing that the valve unplugged affects the fan clutch and VGT solenoid, how and to what extent I'm not sure enough to say

Sprman

Reaction score
Hmm... I'm going to be playing with it tomorrow morning. Gonna swing by PSE and have Dorian hook up to the computer to see everything real time while driving. I'm not moving very fast on the solution as i don't drive the truck much and have been traveling for work lately. I will keep posted though.

Members online

No members online now.