Puking Again

Tay5985

Reaction score
Ok so I posted a while back about having my truck studded and the egr deleted and supposedly getting a new oil cooler as well. Put ford reman heads on and Used oem gaskets and ARP studs. I didn't get the heads surfaced which I knew better but didn't do it. It puked a while after while towing my trailer with a tow tune on it. If I put it back to stock it wouldn't puke anything. but with a tune it would puke and the factory oil temp needle would skyrocket and peg itself in the red so I would have to back out of the throttle to get it to cool down. Towed my trailer on Saturday to the local sand dunes and while pulling the big hill to get there(this time I had an insight to monitor ECT and EOT) I saw up to a 20 Degree difference between the two. It would eventually even itself out but while pulling it didn't stay within the 15 degree spec. I was towing on stock which sucks but it didn't puke. Im starting to wonder if I have a bad cooler and if it was even replaced. Could this cause the truck to puke coolant with a tune on it or should I start thinking about tearing it back apart and getting the heads surfaced and doing the job again? Any help would be greatly appreciated. BTW im running erics tunes and it will puke with his basic tow tune and his Tow power. Truck pukes when running a race tune and being tough on it but usually is just fine running X-street

ncdzl

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Ok so I posted a while back about having my truck studded and the egr deleted and supposedly getting a new oil cooler as well. Put ford reman heads on and Used oem gaskets and ARP studs. I didn't get the heads surfaced which I knew better but didn't do it. It puked a while after while towing my trailer with a tow tune on it. If I put it back to stock it wouldn't puke anything. but with a tune it would puke and the factory oil temp needle would skyrocket and peg itself in the red so I would have to back out of the throttle to get it to cool down. Towed my trailer on Saturday to the local sand dunes and while pulling the big hill to get there(this time I had an insight to monitor ECT and EOT) I saw up to a 20 Degree difference between the two. It would eventually even itself out but while pulling it didn't stay within the 15 degree spec. I was towing on stock which sucks but it didn't puke. Im starting to wonder if I have a bad cooler and if it was even replaced. Could this cause the truck to puke coolant with a tune on it or should I start thinking about tearing it back apart and getting the heads surfaced and doing the job again? Any help would be greatly appreciated. BTW im running erics tunes and it will puke with his basic tow tune and his Tow power. Truck pukes when running a race tune and being tough on it but usually is just fine running X-street

20* is acceptable when towing. There is no 'spec' while towing...but if you had for example 30-40* deltas towing it would show up unloaded too.

1st and second time I blew gaskets were on tow tunes. I always tow on stock if possible but with 205s I have to have a tune with a lot of fuel pulled

Gary

Reaction score
"factory oil temp needle would skyrocket and peg itself "
Factory oil temp gauge???
I'd wash the radiator, A/C condenser and inner-cooler cores with a garden hose and get all the debris off them.

Latest posts

Members online