Pulling Box Off

Redpower

Reaction score
I am taking the box off my F-250 this weekend and all the bolts are rusted tight. The plan is to cut them, but what is the best way?

brianb7.3

Reaction score
Cut them with torch or use a cutoff wheel..depends on how good you are with a torch and if you are worried about paint damage..etc...good luck.

Redpower

Reaction score
All I have is a 4 1/2 in grinder, but I might have to borrow a buddy's air one. I am not sure how to get the one by the front fuel tank.

brianb7.3

Reaction score
Cut the head off of that bolt with that grinder....put a cut off wheel on it...then you can remove the rest of the bolt when you have already removed the bed and you have better access to it.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Cut the head with a cut off wheel. Cut it once, turn the.grinder 90° and.cut.again. Repeat until youve.got 8 triangles left. Like cutting a pizza. Take a 2lb hammer and cold.chisel and bust that head off. If you do.it as.described you wont much up the paint.

dieseltron

Reaction score
:whs: grind or cut the head off. If your careful you can do it without damaging the box

neverkickn

Reaction score
I ground the heads off mine as well. I just went back with regular grade 8 bolts.

Latest posts

Members online