Pulling/Racing a ZF6

JD3020

Reaction score
Been doing some thinking, if anybody is interested i'm just gonna sell all my ZF stuff and go a different route. Don't feel like selling this clutch just to buy another one. I'll either get a built auto, or step away from diesels and buy/build a Supra.

PM me for info.

House

Reaction score
Input chewed one of them up around 650 hp... dual disc 4200 IG only way to go....
broke bell a few time on clutch explosions.. nothing a welder didnt fix...

02pstroke

Reaction score
A buddy beats the piss out of a zf6 behind 3/2's and s366 daily, trans does not complain with only a light towing southbend clutch which was in the truck prior to him. My truck is auto and will stay that way, but I won't bash a manual. Plus it smacks your head off the back window.

Montgomery P-Stroke

Reaction score
A buddy beats the piss out of a zf6 behind 3/2's and s366 daily, trans does not complain with only a light towing southbend clutch which was in the truck prior to him. My truck is auto and will stay that way, but I won't bash a manual. Plus it smacks your head off the back window.

Word.....I wouldn't want a ZF6 for in town driving but they can darn sure take some abuse. If you want to "drag race" with em just don't use the clutch.....promise it can be done to perfection with enough experience.

79jasper

Reaction score
Word.....I wouldn't want a ZF6 for in town driving but they can darn sure take some abuse. If you want to "drag race" with em just don't use the clutch.....promise it can be done to perfection with enough experience.

Yep, if it's not worn out. Lol
I definitely see the six taking more than the 5.
Personally I like the way my sm465 shifted in my 79 chevy. Could float it like butter. Lot of times I wouldn't touch the clutch unless I needed to back up.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

JD3020

Reaction score
So i've been thinking, what would happen if somebody were to race or pull a street clutch? Would it just not handle the slipping and burn up?

PDT1081

Reaction score
So i've been thinking, what would happen if somebody were to race or pull a street clutch? Would it just not handle the slipping and burn up?

You will most likely burn it up trying to build boost to launch. Pulling trucks/tractors run "slipper" clutches for a reason. Slip a street clutch and it's not going to last long.

Latest posts

Members online