pulling tunes

strokin6L

Reaction score
For the guys that truck pull....do you have a specific tune just for pulling? I just run a normal race tune, but a guy came to me wanting to know about having a tune written for pulling. Would there be a difference from running a normal race tune than having one written for pulling? Would a pulling tune be more tailored to the shifting of the trans? Ive always came off the line in 2nd then manually shifted to 3rd after it tach'd out.

white07psd

Reaction score
Sled Pull
-Our Sled Pull tune is deisgned to help you keep your truck in its powerband during that short pass down the track. We need specific details on your vehicle, along with how you want the truck to react during your pull for us to best dial this tune in for you. It is NOT a Street Driving tune, and driving on it is HIGHLY discouraged.
-Horsepower Ratings Vary By Application

Thats from rcds website

BlueFordExcursion

Reaction score
Eric at ID told me the characteristics of his race tune are optimal for both drag race and pulling. I run in 4 low with the gear selector in 3. The tranny starts in 2nd when in low range and the transmission computer locks the TQ in 2nd and I let it do the shifting based on Eric's shift pattern program. I've had him give me two updates over the years when I've thrown new parts on. I'm not a points puller, but I've never been lower than 6th with 20 or more trucks pulling. But I'm sure there are benefits to a dedicated pulling tune.

Stroked777

Reaction score
Be believe all they do for a pulling tune is just mess with the trans tuning to have the converter lock up it maybe make it so it will down **** into second at the end

BlueFordExcursion

Reaction score
If you are down shifting to 2nd at the end of a pull, don't program a down shift....make more power and then break sh!t to then build it bigger to make even more power.

Latest posts

Members online