QSSB into an HFSB

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Well I am finally pulling the trigger and sending out my qssb so it can be turned into an HF. Pius said that I will love the HF compared to the "old dinosaur" as he put it. $700 for a basically new turbo. I made 477hp this last weekend at Alligators Dyno event and had way too much fuel on my hot tune so myself and others can agree I need more air.

Ill try to get a vid up as time allows. Pius also said that even though this is a 64mm turbo it will out perform and flow any 66 mm out there with low back pressure and egts. The qssb is a 62mm so it will be a nice difference!

Swaan

Reaction score
Hey I got a question, what's the diffrence between a lasb and a hfsb??

I got the lasb from irate just over a year ago. Sounds to me the same as your hfsb. Always wondered this and nobody can give me a straight answer.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Really. Okay thanks for this helpfully post. Like always, nobody can give me a straight answer.

I guess I will phone pius myself. LOL!!!!!

Pius probably won't take your call. Maybe, I dunno. He usually doesn't entertain the idea of talking to people who demand to know what makes his stuff work so well. I guess you never know until you try though. Good luck!

Swaan

Reaction score
Pius probably won't take your call. Maybe, I dunno. He usually doesn't entertain the idea of talking to people who demand to know what makes his stuff work so well. I guess you never know until you try though. Good luck!

Okay great! Now he probley won't answer my call and no one can give me a straight answer. Sooooooo I guess I will just go on with the mystery turbo.

Thanks.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Okay great! Now he probley won't answer my call and no one can give me a straight answer. Sooooooo I guess I will just go on with the mystery turbo.

Thanks.

Call Jake. He had that turbo made to try and compete with wide open. Maybe he can tell you lol

Nodge

Reaction score
Wtf does hssb, gqssb, hssb, lasb, hfsb, mean?
It sounds like fan boi ricer nut hanger talk for turbo sizing.
"His sh!t spools badly"
"Git quick spit some black"
"Laggy ass sh!tty bomb"
"High frequency sh!t balls"

Somebody says Borg Warner S467.7, I can decipher that.
Maybe I would have bought something else if I had any idea what the hell is being said about those other turbos.

Swaan

Reaction score
Call Jake. He had that turbo made to try and compete with wide open. Maybe he can tell you lol

I did and in around about way he said its the same as a qssb but with a higher flowing compressor wheel. And it was 64 mm and flows more then a 366.

But it sounds like your turbo is the same. Maybe the diffrence is in the exaust side.
Of course every number is ground off of the turbo so who knows what ex housing is on it.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I did and in around about way he said its the same as a qssb but with a higher flowing compressor wheel. And it was 64 mm and flows more then a 366.

But it sounds like your turbo is the same. Maybe the diffrence is in the exaust side.
Of course every number is ground off of the turbo so who knows what ex housing is on it.

I don't have a turbo. Pius has built stuff for my friends and I. Every bit of it works. Building off a wheel MM is backwards. Building with a goal in mind is what he will do.

powerSmokin

Reaction score
If I remember correctly the exhaust housing is a 23cm which is why there is hardly much back pressure (this may explain why i have been hitting 50 lbs of boost with no studs and still havent blown a headgasket).Everyone seems to have a 467 or something along those lines. I wanted to be different since I was happy with the QSSB. I'm actually surprised there isn't more info out there on it.

Strokersace

Reaction score
So Derek, you got yours modded for $700??? WTF??? 3 or 4 months ago when I contacted dp tuner (the only company I could find that distributes Bell turbos these days) it was $950 plus shipping both ways!! So how in the hell is it now $250 less?!?!?

Strokersace

Reaction score
F'ing bullchit then!!

If that's the case, then I was LIED to by DP Tuner and I have emails to prove from them stating that the price had gone up due to (in their opinion) Pius not wanting to mess with rebuilds anymore.

And I went to the distributor because everyone says over and over that Pius doesn't deal with the public except on special occasions and is usually so busy, he doeant have time.

Horsechit, I tell you!!

Last edited:

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
So Derek, you got yours modded for $700??? WTF??? 3 or 4 months ago when I contacted dp tuner (the only company I could find that distributes Bell turbos these days) it was $950 plus shipping both ways!! So how in the hell is it now $250 less?!?!?

F'ing bullchit then!!

If that's the case, then I was LIED to by DP Tuner and I have emails to prove from them stating that the price had gone up due to (in their opinion) Pius not wanting to mess with rebuilds anymore.

And I went to the distributor because everyone says over and over that Pius doesn't deal with the public except on special occasions and is usually so busy, he doeant have time.

Horsechit, I tell you!!

That is the price we were given by Pius.

We have asked him three different times and every time we received different answers. The price that was given to you was the most current pricing from Pius(we thought it was outrageous as well).

When you contacted us back in March, it was a much more reasonable price that was given to you.

powerSmokin

Reaction score
That is the price we were given by Pius.

We have asked him three different times and every time we received different answers. The price that was given to you was the most current pricing from Pius(we thought it was outrageous as well).

When you contacted us back in March, it was a much more reasonable price that was given to you.

Sounds like Pius wants to deal with the customers directly rather than a vendor but now we know.

Latest posts

Members online