question about studs

04hdfatboy

Reaction score
I am going to be installing 6.0 manifolds and custom up pipes and a ported intake manifold. I got scared to do studs with the cracked block thread. My question is would it be a good idea to do studs or leave them alone for now and worry about it if I have problems down the road?

Also I would like a 71mm atmo turbo if I can find a used one. At the moment I have a batmowheel. If I cant find a turbo should I install the batmowheel or just leave the turbos alone? Thanks for any info! :fordoval:

jdgleason

Reaction score
Don't be afraid of the studs. Just use Teflon paste as instructed and you should be fine.

If it were me, I wouldn't throw the batmowheel in a turbo without balancing it. You would notice some small gains, but may shorten the life of the turbo.

3brorce

Reaction score
This teflon paste you speak of I am guessing it is not the ARP torque lube??

jdgleason

Reaction score
I didn't use Teflon on mine:fustrate:

Nobody did until just recently and the majority of those trucks had zero issues. Watch your oil and coolant, but you should be fine.

This teflon paste you speak of I am guessing it is not the ARP torque lube??

Correct... It's essentially a liquid version of teflon tape. Just seals the stud in the block with the idea that IF the block happens to crack, the coolant stops at the bottom of the stud and won't mix with the oil.

Latest posts

Members online