R&R on 04 manifolds

charlie.schroeder

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

New to this group, used to lurk the website for some tech answers.

So my manifolds are shot on both side thanks to living in the rust belt. The passenger side even has two studs missing, which im assuming is still in the block. My question is, what is the best way to tackle these and what is a good replacment that is gonna last more than a year. I know theres a tool for drilling those studs but at a steep price tag. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

webb06

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

New to this group, used to lurk the website for some tech answers.

So my manifolds are shot on both side thanks to living in the rust belt. The passenger side even has two studs missing, which im assuming is still in the block. My question is, what is the best way to tackle these and what is a good replacment that is gonna last more than a year. I know theres a tool for drilling those studs but at a steep price tag. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

You could try it cab on but it won't be any fun at all. Cab off would be ideal. Especially to get the broken bolts out. Use all new hardware when you go back together. Bd manifolds are a good option. Might consider replacing your up pipes with your there.

stroke6.0

Reaction score
we use ford manifolds or BD manifolds at work. With the fender liners out, you can drill the bolts out.

charlie.schroeder

Reaction score
Truck isnt my daily right now so i was gonna pull the whole fender for replacement anyways since theyre rusted. I looked at stainless but with that price tag idk. I just dont wanna do this again in two yeara

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
The bolts aren't bad to drill out, they are actually a pretty soft bolt. They must've used a much harder bolt in the 6.4 cause those are drill bit eaters. If you have the time, a decent drill bit and a good easy out you can get it. Make sure you drill in dead center of the bolt though.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.