Radioflyer

Radioflyer

Reaction score
The guys running this turbo at lower elevations seem to love it. And there are multiple guys running it on Dmax trucks in Colorado and Wyoming without issue. Maybe the wheel sizes are just too close and the poor head flow of the 6.4 is causing troubles once you get up in elevation. Hard to say. But in interested to see how a smaller compressor side drives for you.

I would like to note however, that your first failure wasn't the turbos fault or a 'warranty' issue. Anytime dirt and debris are sent through the oil inlet, you can count on bearing failure to happen quickly.

Correct. Something defidently ran through that thing. Not sure how or why it did since the truck was inside for the entire break down and install so unsure. But something got in there.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
A box s366 showed up Friday, and got it installed yesterday. Went out for a few rips and instantly seen a difference and felt much more drivable. under WOT runs, couldn't get it over 1250* egt beating on it repetitively. Plus, no more barking! So far this seems to be a good set for this area. Two weeks I go up in the hills so we will see how it does in elevation. The bigger converter and higher stall makes it drive really nice too. Cruising at 55 in 5th locked up charger runs a little more boost keeping egt's in check (700-750) and roll into it, the trans kicks outta lock up and the charger comes up with less lag than the 371 and runs cooler. My IMO, maybe a little bit more fuel would've helped with the 371 (15% nozzles or so), but who knows. For stock fueling up here, 66 is plenty. I think a 65 would be pretty fun. Cant wait to see what the GTX is gonna drive like. :evil

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Down the road may modify it to try something different, but need to put some more miles on it and see. I'm gonna log it here in a few day's with the cts for EBP and Boost (Map any ways) in reference to egt's. Maybe get a couple video's made up.

Csilva187

Reaction score
About 55-60mph drop the hammer see what ya get egt wise? I'm curious. If ya get a chance.

Csilva187

Reaction score
Boost wise I dont get anything more than 45psi but I only see 23-24k frp... Gearhead race file. Egt's I can peg 1600. This is 55-60 drop the hammer of course.

Edit- trans, stalls, elevations, and etc are relatively close why I'm curious.

Last edited:

Radioflyer

Reaction score
That seems high...even with my 71 i never got it above 1350 on wot pulls from a roll or dig. And my 66 gets ahead of the egt's alot quicker....is your truck staying locked or is it unlocking? I'll try to get a vid for ya tonight or tomorrow.

Csilva187

Reaction score
It'll unlock on downshift. I'm gonna go hit a few times myself get some data and get in touch. Let's see what we come up with?

Csilva187

Reaction score
Sounds good. Hopefully you don't have any up-pipe leaks.....how's your EBP?

I'm defiantly gonna get some numbers, it's been so hot I haven't really beat the thing hard. Oh Darkhorse Diesel uppipes also. Glancing normal driving 1:1. I had Matt loosen smoke control and it woke it up big time. Hybrid trans file with little higher shift points.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
I see. How smokey is yours? Mine is just a haze all the way through the rpm unless I roll onto it.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Update; box 66 drove much better up in the mountains. Got some tcm adjustments to do but here is what my data showed:
7% grade at 5000ft doing 60mph pulled the hill in tow haul 25psi boost, 1100 degree's unloaded in the street file setting from gearhead. going to update the tunes a little and see if that helps before next weekends trip which is a similar drive.

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Damn...puts my 472 to shame, I'm on the edge about swapping to a 366 once pulling season is over, get my fun truck back lol

Latest posts

Members online