Rattle near bell housing? in cab

Awesome

Reaction score
there is this rattle that's been driving me nuts.. u cant really hear it from outside the truck but inside it sounds like its coming from the top of the bell housing area like where the firewall and the hump in the middle of the floor of the truck meet.. any ideas what it could be?

Awesome

Reaction score
ok its weird because its only sometimes. like for example if i put it in park on a hill and let off the break and it rolls alittl itll do it alittle

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
ok its weird because its only sometimes. like for example if i put it in park on a hill and let off the break and it rolls alittl itll do it alittle

Frame flex and engine movement make the noise sporadic. Maybe crawl underneath the truck and check for any rub marks not he exhaust. Ease your mind.

Awesome screen name by the way :D

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Steve gets kampy comment of the day. :D

Another vote for down pipe.

Whats "Kampy" Dom? I googled it, I got Halo crap LOL :D

where should i look for rub marks tho?

Usually right at the bottom of the firewall, the pinch seam there. Against the up pipes. Crawl up under the truck right under the exhaust system where it takes a 45* up the firewall and into the engine compartment(Downpipe area) and look for any marks or visual contact between the pipes, cab, etc.,

GTOKILLER

Reaction score
I had a similar issue with my 99 one of the times it was a broken trans mount & something was rubbing the firewall. A couple years later the torque converter started going bad that made a crazy rattle sound had no idea sure didnt sound like a converter to me but that was it for sure. It still worked perfect was just loud!

Denver

Reaction score
Mines making this sound as well. It is not the down pipe. I was thinking a noisy TC or cracked flex plate but if I kick the front bumper I get the same noise.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.