rc lift with icon springs?

07powerstroke91

Reaction score
I'm a college student on a tight budget and from what I've read Rough Country makes a decent quality lift, they just ride really rough. So would it be a good idea if I bought one of their lifts and swapped out the coil springs with ones from icon? I don't see why I would need top of the line track bar brackets or sway bar drops and I think this would be a good way to save money.

hagan525

Reaction score
I have never used icon products but I just put the RC kit in my truck and it rides awesome! I did the 4.5" kit and am very pleased so far minus the rear sitting lower than the front!

07powerstroke91

Reaction score
I just got the same kit, and I don't even feel the need to upgrade the springs anymore. I haven't installed the rear yet, because it came with an angled block and I heard you need a flat block for trucks with a 2 piece driveshaft.

sootie

Reaction score
I just got the same kit, and I don't even feel the need to upgrade the springs anymore. I haven't installed the rear yet, because it came with an angled block and I heard you need a flat block for trucks with a 2 piece driveshaft.

say more?

07powerstroke91

Reaction score
On trucks that have a 1 piece shaft the angled blocks correct the change in pinion angle from the lift. But with a 2 piece shaft the angle isn't going to be right unless you get a flat block and then shim down the carrier bearing.

HighOn22's

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you still want an angled block. I ordered mine from Trevor at PMF and he told me to go with an angles rear block. If you don't and lift your rear 6", but only drop your hanger bearing 4" you will still have your UV joint at a pretty bad angle. I have a 2 degree block.

07powerstroke91

Reaction score
Yeah I really don't know for a fact whether or not to use the angled block, most of what I've read has said not to. But if Trevor said to do it then I would trust him.

Latest posts

Members online