RCD Manifolds and Up Pipes

BogginF350

Reaction score
Exactly, Bolts are essentially a spring that stretches and uses that stretch to hold the parts together. During thermal expansion it will cause the bolts to work loose if you do not have the additional area for stretch. It will yield the fastener and ruin it, sometimes even pop the head off the bolts. This additional length stops that from happening.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
jared, pm me a price of the manifolds and up pipes with the egr provision.

my truck is going to empire either next week or the week after, and i want to have something for them to put on it.

your's could be that something.......:D

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
cam, springs, p-rods, lifters, head gaskets, studs, their modifying my intake manifold, probably swamps crossbow turbo's less i find something a different between then and now, and depending on what they find when they get in there, maybe a rebuild with a little lower compression.

B585Ford

Reaction score
cam, springs, p-rods, lifters, head gaskets, studs, their modifying my intake manifold, probably swamps crossbow turbo's less i find something a different between then and now, and depending on what they find when they get in there, maybe a rebuild with a little lower compression.

I know you said before you happy with stock and just enjoyed reading about this stuff. Did something happen to yours that made you put it under the knife?

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
needs head gaskets, and two broken ex manifold bolts, both on #7.......has 98k........aside from the crossbow's, there really isn't anything performance oriented.

and even then, the crossbow's, after much talking and emailing various people, and conversing with Chad when i took my truck up there to pick his brain, aren't really a performance oriented set of chargers, when compared to others in its "category". there exactly what i was after. much better than stock, drops egt's, and realistically only gives up 20-30 hp over tow powers, and for what i use my truck for, i couldn't justify the additional $1300 for TP's. I'm not at a level to be able to justify that. that's a pretty tough pill to swallow even if you are at that level. not to mention simple availability of either set of chargers. and they should clean most of the race tune up, hopefully down to a slight haze.

that only leaves the cam, and even that is nothing to write home about. since it was going to be opened up, i wanted lifters and springs and prods. 98k, and i only really knew the history of about 14k of it. i decided on the cam, and had Chad spec something a little more tow oriented, than performance oriented.

with the head gasket job, and valve train, he was going to radius the valves and seats.

all this, as i only want to lift the cab one time, and since it was going up, i wanted to just freshen it up, as i kept my last one for 11 years and put 160k on it, and ill end up doing that with this one as well. with what i do, and how much i do it, i cannot afford to have it down more that one time. this truck moves everyday.

i feel that freshening it up, with the minor upgrades that I'm putting on it, there will be no sacrifice in reliability if in fact i didn't increase it, and i feel confident that this will last me the 10 years/150k i intend on keeping this truck, prolonging when it starts to feel tired, as i just took 98k off the clock. the 263k on my 7.3, while still a fabulous truck, you can tell its tired. i don't care what it is, short of a big rig, 263k is tired and in need of some freshening up.

the only thing I'm not attending to is the hpfp. on gearhead race tune, according to the livewire, I'm maintaining the 27,XXXpsi he is calling for. to me, that doesn't need replaced. when RP starts falling off, ill replace then.

trans and the rest of the drive train should still live a happy life, the motor and stuff added to it just makes it breath better, with some....fresh breath:D.

im trying to get rcd to get me a set of manifolds and up-pipes, and ill have those installed as well when my truck goes up there. i just gotta call rcd, or maybe jared will pm me.

only thing left i want to do to it, is a icon leveling kit with 2.5's up front, and 2.0's in the back, and some pmf traction bars, and a set of bags in back so i can take my overload's off and smooth the ride out, and I'm done.

down the road, i will end up adding either 15% or 30% over nozzles and tuning the pw back. but i dont need to lift the cab for that. bigr's write up on head stud install cab on makes me confident of that. and i have alot of faith in matt for my tuning. he's just great at what he does, and will take the time to get it right, minor tweak after minor tweak if thats what it takes.

Last edited:

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
I would add hd pistons or have the lips machined out of your stock ones. Might as well get all the week links.

Good looking manifolds by the way Jared.

Rivets are the new duct tape.

Last edited:

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
that's one thing I'm goin to call chad about tomorrow.

and there is also some no limit bling goin on it as well.

i think thats everything.

Latest posts

Members online