Reaching for 600hp but cant get there...help

MaineiacF250

Reaction score
Last year I ran my truck on the dyno with 4" downpipe/exhaust, S&B intake, egr delete and spartan tuning 310 and had 530hp and 1110lbs. I was happy with for running 37" tires.

Over the past year I have been working on upgrades, Headstuds, no limit CAC, no limit air intake, pushrods, valve springs, steed manifolds, rudys up pipes, 72mm atmo, 165 airdog II with elite fuel bowl delete and ported intake. Stock fuel

I finally made it to the dyno days this past wkend and was disappointed with the results. I ran 526hp and 1095lbs this time around.

Just wondering where I've gone wrong....Should I be looking into custom tuning or any ideas.

Also my first 72mm came apart and the replacement runs 5lbs less boost than the first one for some reason

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Same dyno both times? At the event I went to this weekend there were multiple 6.4s hitting over 600 on a tuner and delete. Fairly consistent as well. I believe one on 35s did 593. I did 572 back in 09 with just a tuner and delete pipe. Something is def off.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Give it time. You will either give up shooting for 600 like me, or just skip it and shoot for a higher number. Don't get stuck on dyno numbers. Go to the track and see how it really runs.

jdgleason

Reaction score
If it was the same dyno, I would bet you have a boost leak or a drive pressure leak.

If it wasn't the same dyno, then oh well. Dynos aren't created equal. If I were you, I would go to the track and see what the trap speed says as far as power. Track doesn't lie.

Diesel Power had an article recently where some 6.0 dyno'd 570 or something and track says it was making 680 or something. I wouldn't be too upset.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
My trap speeds say 650 with my setup after the few runs I did with it yesterday if you wanna talk about disappointment.... LOL

And another 6.4 I did for someone put down 557 with somewhat of the same setup you have with Gearhead tunes this past weekend. Definitely should be more.

MaineiacF250

Reaction score
Yes it was on the same dyno as last year. I havent been to the track but seat of the pants it even seems flatter than before.

MaineiacF250

Reaction score
I have checked before but will double check again. I wouldnt thot so much about it if there wasnt 3 other 6.4s there with just delete pipe and tuner running 535-560hp.

MaineiacF250

Reaction score
Tranny is stock but has been holding strong. (Trans is this winters project for sure) Rail pressure is holding as well. Tires and gearing (3:73) is exactly the same as when i run last year.

MaineiacF250

Reaction score
no TC slip noticed and will do a boost leak test later in the week. I appreciate all the help

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.