Ready to d****e

mad342

Reaction score
Getting around to looking at my options to d****e my 2012. Drivetrain is stock and I'm not looking for big HP numbers, mainly the MPG increase, a nice sounding exhaust, and increased reliability. Commuting and pulling my fifth wheel camper.

I have looked over this site and others to try to educate myself, as this seems more complex than my 03 Cummins. I am looking for simplicity in a tuner, I don't need to be able to have a bunch of different tunes. Just a simple plug and play is fine for me.

What tuners do you guys suggest for my application? Also what support is out there for tuning companies that are out of business?

What vendors do you recommend? Always looking to support places that offer good customer service and support.

Thanks.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Just tell Mike or one of the other No Limit guys what you're looking for and let them build you the package you need. They're not gonna sell you stuff you don't need.
I'm sure they will bring it up but if you're absolutely gonna want one of the H&S cold side intercooler piping replacements.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Getting around to looking at my options to d****e my 2012. Drivetrain is stock and I'm not looking for big HP numbers, mainly the MPG increase, a nice sounding exhaust, and increased reliability. Commuting and pulling my fifth wheel camper.

I have looked over this site and others to try to educate myself, as this seems more complex than my 03 Cummins. I am looking for simplicity in a tuner, I don't need to be able to have a bunch of different tunes. Just a simple plug and play is fine for me.

What tuners do you guys suggest for my application? Also what support is out there for tuning companies that are out of business?

What vendors do you recommend? Always looking to support places that offer good customer service and support.

Thanks.

I'll 2nd what UNBROKEN said. Mike will get you taken care of no BS. He'll explain your options for tuning there's some good options out there.

IMO if I were building what you have in mind my list would be NO LIMIT intake/EGR stuff, H&S intercooler piece that gets rid of the plastic piece, 5" exhaust with an FTE resonator, and some OUO/PMF traction bars especially if you'll be towing a lot. That's about all you need for a good commuter/camper puller.

chaselee

Reaction score
What's the H&S intercooler piping you guys are talking about and what does it do? I've got the same truck as the OP. Thx.

sootie

Reaction score
hot side pipe from the factory is plastic and explodes at will. the H&S one is aluminum

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Not exactly. One is aluminum and one is stainless....made by two different shops.

mad342

Reaction score
Got hooked up by Mike from No Limit. Went with SCT X4, 5" exhaust, EGR d****e, and CAI.

Thinking I will be very happy.

Now to budget for intercooler pipe and traction bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Got hooked up by Mike from No Limit. Went with SCT X4, 5" exhaust, EGR d****e, and CAI.

Thinking I will be very happy.

Now to budget for intercooler pipe and traction bars.

both will benefit you. traction bars are a mod you will definitely be able to feel .. the ic pipe keeps your mind at ease ! let me know when you're ready for either ! nice talking to ya !

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
You'll be pleased. Mike won't steer you wrong.

I recommend traction bars to guys even with bone stock trucks. Definitely a worth while purchase.

Yellow1000

Reaction score
You know I was considering these in my stock 15, never realized how bad it wraps up even stock when towing heavy until one back tire slipped the other day and it unwrapped and kinda jumped when it unloaded if that's the words I'm looking for to describe it

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
You know I was considering these in my stock 15, never realized how bad it wraps up even stock when towing heavy until one back tire slipped the other day and it unwrapped and kinda jumped when it unloaded if that's the words I'm looking for to describe it

its a strange phenomenon for sure. but it's real. tuned trucks only make it worse. traction bars make the driving experience so much better.

mad342

Reaction score
Received all my stuff today. Can't wait to get started tomorrow.

Quick question. I know to do tuner first, but if do exhaust and don't have time for EGR will truck still run ok until Saturday and I get more time?

If I understood Mike correctly it will be fine to do this. Just want to double check.

Latest posts

Members online