Rear axle block removal

Bearded7point3pilot

Reaction score
I'm sure there's someone here with a 99-03 2wd with this block removed. Just want to see some photos so I'll know it doesn't end up with that "squat" look. I've read on PSN I may have to lose my bump stops which I'm fine with. Just want to level it, squatting it is out of the question

01 7.3 F250
Stock

Last edited by a moderator:

wildbill963258

Reaction score
Just get a leveling kit for the front removing the factory rear block could affect the ride quality and you don't want to remove the bump stops at all otherwise you would be bottoming out a lot a leveling kit for the front is just installing blocks on the front end its much easier than messing with the rear end and you keep your factory ride quality

Bearded7point3pilot

Reaction score
Just get a leveling kit for the front removing the factory rear block could affect the ride quality and you don't want to remove the bump stops at all otherwise you would be bottoming out a lot a leveling kit for the front is just installing blocks on the front end its much easier than messing with the rear end and you keep your factory ride quality

Yea, but because it's 2wd I want it lower and "sporty" I guess. I looked at it and could possibly save the bump stop. I had a slammed 1500 Silverado a few years ago, I know it won't possibly ride as bad as that (5-7" drop and notched) I was just more interested in seeing how it will look

01 7.3 F250
Stock

Bearded7point3pilot

Reaction score
And if no one recommends removing this factory spacer, what shackle kit is most recommended? I know it's going lower, lifting it isn't an option

01 7.3 F250
Stock

patricku47

Reaction score
20151011_175358_zps2eulumj8.jpg

I know its a 4x4, but here's my 03 that I pulled the block out of. It rides just as good as it ever did, still tows fine and sits perfectly level.

Bearded7point3pilot

Reaction score
Thank you, that's all I want, I don't want it lowered, just level. Being it's a 2wd I don't want to level up the front. That's a good lookin truck man

01 7.3 F250
Stock

patricku47

Reaction score
20150919_174413_zpssnipheuf.jpg

I appreciate the compliment! It's had the block pulled for the better part of 50k miles and its pulled quite a bit since then. It's pulled the Bronco and trailer above all over the state of Texas without any issues or handling changes. I will be adding bags in the near future to help control the sag with the heavier loads though.

Bearded7point3pilot

Reaction score
Do you have any photos of the process? Just wondering if you put the whole on stands and jack the axle, or one side at s time? Or were you lucky enough to have a lift?

01 7.3 F250
Stock

JMart

Reaction score
My 01 2wd didn't have a block to remove. I also helped a guy on here lower his 07 2wd. It didn't have a block either. We put in a drop shackle and pulled the bottom overload leaf.

patricku47

Reaction score
Do you have any photos of the process? Just wondering if you put the whole on stands and jack the axle, or one side at s time? Or were you lucky enough to have a lift?

01 7.3 F250
Stock

I don't have any pictures of the process unfortunately. I jacked it up, put the frame on tall jack stands, put a jack under the axle, lowered it, removed blocks then jacked it back up. You will need new u bolts for sure. I found that stock Excursion U bolts fit mine perfect. I don't know about the 2wd though.

Bearded7point3pilot

Reaction score
My 01 2wd didn't have a block to remove. I also helped a guy on here lower his 07 2wd. It didn't have a block either. We put in a drop shackle and pulled the bottom overload leaf.

Yea, I literally just read a thread on PSN about it, it's a 4wd only part. So I guess a shackle is gonna be the only option.

01 7.3 F250
Stock

Bearded7point3pilot

Reaction score
I don't have any pictures of the process unfortunately. I jacked it up, put the frame on tall jack stands, put a jack under the axle, lowered it, removed blocks then jacked it back up. You will need new u bolts for sure. I found that stock Excursion U bolts fit mine perfect. I don't know about the 2wd though.

Yea it's all good, I just replied above I read on PSN it's only on the 4wd. The 2wd is going to need a shackle.

01 7.3 F250
Stock

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.