Rear Block Removal

BOHICA256

Reaction score
Okay guys so I'm wanting to remove the rear block. Any advice/how do you do it? It seems really simple so I'm trying to get it done this evening.

wildbill963258

Reaction score
If you remove the rear block your gonna end up with a reverse rake and thats dangerous especially if you haul or tow, to get that sporty look lower the front and put a smaller block in the back

BOHICA256

Reaction score
My truck is 2wd, and I have a 2" block in the front. The rear is 1" higher than the front. And the rear block looks to be about an inch so I'm thinking it will sit level and not have the reverse rake.

BOHICA256

Reaction score
Well I have 22s and 33s in it right now so taking the front blocks out I would assume wouldn't work with my tires. I'll be putting some 420s or proxes on it when these are toast though. So idk.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
I removed the rear blocks in my 4 wd dually. but I also dropped the front via cutting coil springs.

#1, measure front to rear, so as to replace the leaf springs in the same place, thus not screwing up your alignment.

#2, if you have overload springs, you do not have to remove them, but, if you do, the bolt holding the leaf pack together will need to be replaced with a shorter one.

those were the only two issues that i ran into. get plenty of jacks and jack stands, unless you have a lift and some buddies... lol

BOHICA256

Reaction score
What do you mean by measure front to rear? I won't be messing with taking the overload out. Just the block if I do it. And new u bolts. Got it! What do I have to do to even to take it out?

JMart

Reaction score
What do I have to do to even to take it out?

Jack the truck up, remove the wheels, put it on jack stands. Get a jack under the axle. Unbolts the u bolts. Lower the axle, remove block, raise the axle, install u bolts. Repeat on the other side.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
What do you mean by measure front to rear?

measure the distance from the axle to a point on the frame, left side and right side, so the axle will be bolted back in the same orientation once the blocks are removed. there is a hole that the spring pack bolt will line up inside, and it will be close to aligned, but there is movement inside of the holes, and it IS enough to have your ass end walking sideways a bit, IF you dont measure it.

Latest posts

Members online