REAR END

yamaha6927

Reaction score
Yet more money being poured into this truck only had a year and now following this repair it will be about 6k put in just to keep it going. I hate to say it but I believe I have lost faith in this truck. Currently getting charged about 3K just replace differential

Mdub707

Reaction score
Yikes. You could buy an entire rear end from a junkyard and swap it in for less money and time than that. $3k? Jesus...

vcassens

Reaction score
That is ridiculous when I blew mine I put everything but axles in it and I also upgraded to a true track and only had about 1400 in it including labor

Sent from a bus 6 feet in the air

yamaha6927

Reaction score
they are saying to replace entire pumpkin and ring/pinion its that much. bill says labor 180 differential 2240 and bearing kit like 405

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
what gear ratio you have? I have 2 or 3 rear axles here in my shop. I will sell you one for way cheaper than that.

I am in md so not far away either.

yamaha6927

Reaction score
to be honest i dont know what the ratio is. Iam just getting into the mechanical side of the house and not fully understanding it all yet i can PM you my VIN if that helps

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
What caused the rear end failure? How many miles on the truck? What did the diff oil look like? was the rear diff low on fluid?

co04cobra

Reaction score
Yea you are completely getting ***ed at that price. I sell complete rotor to rotor ls rears for 1000-1200. In wv. Pm me if I can help. Thanks.

yamaha6927

Reaction score
What caused the rear end failure? How many miles on the truck? What did the diff oil look like? was the rear diff low on fluid?

They pulled it out and said the entire rear end is destoryed and ring/pinion said that fluid looked like mud.... as ive stated before i dont know nearly enough for all this. i appreciate everyones help. the thing is i drove truck in knowing rear end was going out but hasnt quit out on me so i was just waiting until i have the cash. i just took it in for the front driver side hub to be replaced because i know its shot

91turbogsx

Reaction score
I could still rebuild the whole rear end with all new parts as long as the case is good for less than $3k. Or you could get a junkyard one for a third of that price.

Please don't tell me you went ahead with their repair. :doh:

yamaha6927

Reaction score
I could still rebuild the whole rear end with all new parts as long as the case is good for less than $3k. Or you could get a junkyard one for a third of that price.

Please don't tell me you went ahead with their repair. :doh:

nope working with vaters fury right now to purchase one he has and either have another shop install or complete it myself

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.