Rear passenger caliper sticking

6643Jasper

Reaction score
2001 f250 4x4. Had a caliper sticking on the rear passenger side. Replaced with a new caliper and it still seems like it's sticking. Excessive heat on that side and excessive pad wear. Driver side rear is ok. Maybe a bad new caliper? Any one have issues with this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arisley

Reaction score
Check the rubber line. The one going from the caliper to the hard line. Lots of people just let the caliper hang from the line while doing brakes. Looks fine from the outside, but the inner lining will break down. You mash the brake pedal, fluid flows good into the caliper and when you let off it takes a long time for it to flow back out.

If this is the case, I would change all the rubber lines.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
The caliper pins in my 08 seized up. It was common up north according to a tech I was talking to. If you have any snow being treated w/ chemicals that is a possibility. I had to get whole new brake assemblies.

TyCorr

Reaction score
If he just replaced the caliper its probably the lines. It'd be tough not to notice sticking slide pins when you had the brakes apart right?

I'm in the same boat right now. Which blows because I just replaced the daggum brakes last fall. :doh:

MoonShiner

Reaction score
Pull the caliper off keeping the line attached and use a c-clamp to see how easily the piston pushes back in. It shouldn't take much to move it.
If it takes a lot of pressure to push it in, it could be the rubber line.

6643Jasper

Reaction score
Seems as though the brake hose fixed it. Thanks for the help.

Vogel469

Reaction score
Pins for sure a lot of people forget to Grease them or they've been for so long they started sticking or seized up, but I would also look into the rubber lines like he said above

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Arisley

Reaction score
Seems as though the brake hose fixed it. Thanks for the help.

Pins for sure a lot of people forget to Grease them or they've been for so long they started sticking or seized up, but I would also look into the rubber lines like he said above

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I think he got it.

Latest posts

Members online