Rear Window Defroster Not Working

tominyuma

Reaction score
2011 F350 with the rear window defroster not working on the slider window, just the glass that slides. Anyone else had this problem?

I had them look at when it was in for other warranty work and the dealership says it is not covered by the ESP. I looked up the ESP and it states that it covers heated backglass(electrical only). The dealership says it is considered glass and it isnt covered. If it was the outer sides of the back window it wouldnt bother me, but it is the center piece.

I had it looked at a while back when the truck was in for different warranty work and they supposedly fixed it, it was never fixed but I just thought I would get it fixed next time I was in there instead of just going in for that. Last time I was there I was under the 60K mile warranty and it is covered under that, but not the ESP supposedly. Bad dealership or just live with it?

Arconalloy

Reaction score
I have a close friend that ran into the exact same problem and I'm here to tell you he fought it and I promise it's covered don't let them tell you its not

tominyuma

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I am still fighting them on it. They want me to pay $950 for the whole window to be replaced, ESP should cover it.

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Haha same exact thing they told my buddy man it is covered it's just how they word it in the system to find it under warranty I'll ask him tomorrow what they told him at the dealer but they admitted fault and covered it it's already Installed and working just fine

Wildman

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I am still fighting them on it. They want me to pay $950 for the whole window to be replaced, ESP should cover it.

ESP can be a PITA. That's definitely an electrical issue, probably the contacts in the glass went bad. ESP should cover that, don't let them off easy by paying out of pocket; they should be covering that repair 100%.

Latest posts

Members online