Red Truck comes apart....Again.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
well I know I haven't really updated this thread much since getting this thing back together, but I will say this.....

This truck is entirely way to much fun to drive. Its quiet, its big, and for the size it just flat out moves. Looks like we will get this thing on the dyno in the next two weeks with diesel nationals coming. I have been running a street file from eric, but he has sent me some tweeks, might be time to load the hot file and launch this thing in the back lot and see if it likes it.......hoping the bottom end stays together....if not il have yet again a very large paper weight.....

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
Big tires are always fun going fast lol. I got 38s not 40s tho. Have you ran 1/4 mile on them? Just outta curiosity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
well I know I haven't really updated this thread much since getting this thing back together, but I will say this.....

This truck is entirely way to much fun to drive. Its quiet, its big, and for the size it just flat out moves. Looks like we will get this thing on the dyno in the next two weeks with diesel nationals coming. I have been running a street file from eric, but he has sent me some tweeks, might be time to load the hot file and launch this thing in the back lot and see if it likes it.......hoping the bottom end stays together....if not il have yet again a very large paper weight.....

Looking forward to seeing it on the Dyno again this year. Are you going to DTN and XDP open house?

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Big tires are always fun going fast lol. I got 38s not 40s tho. Have you ran 1/4 mile on them? Just outta curiosity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im running 38s, I don't have a track time with the compounds yet, but it ran 13.4 at 103mph, but that was on a 66 and launched at 5psi....it was my first time at the track so pretty new to it all.

I assume you mean HPOP when you say pump, What pump are you running?
Im running RCDs thumper 2 pump

Looking forward to seeing it on the Dyno again this year. Are you going to DTN and XDP open house?

Yea, we will be at DTN and XDP this year again. we are also having our event in october

It has a thumper 2 in it.
mad brah?

Does it oral the cole?
not when I don't drive it.....actually runs pretty clean

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
im running 38s, I don't have a track time with the compounds yet, but it ran 13.4 at 103mph, but that was on a 66 and launched at 5psi....it was my first time at the track so pretty new to it all.

Im running RCDs thumper 2 pump

Yea, we will be at DTN and XDP this year again. we are also having our event in october

mad brah?

not when I don't drive it.....actually runs pretty clean

nope. not mad at all brah

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Sorry if I missed this somewhere else in your thread.. Have you monitored your iat? How do they look only routing the lp charger through the intercooler? I like how clean it looks without the lp charger routing up top into the hp charger.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Sorry if I missed this somewhere else in your thread.. Have you monitored your iat? How do they look only routing the lp charger through the intercooler? I like how clean it looks without the lp charger routing up top into the hp charger.

I honestly haven't looked at IATs yet, infact, I literally just put my pyrometer back in this past weekend for EGTs, but temps are right around 900-1000 cruising. I have a meth kit that's getting put back in hopefully this weekend also, so that will help. But il get some IAT numbers and post back.

all and all, for what I use this truck for (show and go) the setup works amazing, I would think someone who truly daily drives the set up would have to play with the tuning to get the temps to stay cooler, but I don't hesitate to take this thing anywhere...long as it doesn't rain lol

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
guess I never really uploaded some cleaned up pictures of this truck.....

there not the greatest, and really don't do the powder coating work justice on the wheels...

fde_zps797b4171.jpg

asdf_zpsbd6acd06.jpg

fasdf_zps7179771c.jpg

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I honestly haven't looked at IATs yet, infact, I literally just put my pyrometer back in this past weekend for EGTs, but temps are right around 900-1000 cruising. I have a meth kit that's getting put back in hopefully this weekend also, so that will help. But il get some IAT numbers and post back.

all and all, for what I use this truck for (show and go) the setup works amazing, I would think someone who truly daily drives the set up would have to play with the tuning to get the temps to stay cooler, but I don't hesitate to take this thing anywhere...long as it doesn't rain lol

Truck looks great.

I'm the same with my truck, it really only comes out if I know it's going to be nice out.

Have you checked your back pressure? You aren't gated on the high pressure correct?

I'm really interested in that setup. I would love to slap an s480 on my truck if I ever went with bigger sticks.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Truck looks great.

Thanks really appreciate the compliments on this one.
I'm the same with my truck, it really only comes out if I know it's going to be nice out.

Have you checked your back pressure? You aren't gated on the high pressure correct?

I'm really interested in that setup. I would love to slap an s480 on my truck if I ever went with bigger sticks.

haven't checked backpressures yet, craig didn't seem to worried when this was all first set up. only thing im running is a BOV at the moment

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
well since its pretty much public knowledge...mind as well post up here. After a nice trip down to MPD for their dyno/race day, red truck made it down and back no problem, took a little heavy pedaling on the way home, and enjoyed driving it. SADLY.....mid week last week, I put a hole in the side of the block in stop and go traffic doing all of maybe 10-15 mph....its up behind the ac compressor so I cant get a good look at it, but its there.....at this point some serious frustration has set it. I know the stock bottom end wouldn't last forever, but I was hoping for more than the 1500 or so miles that I put on it since it went back together this year....I may pull the motor this week just to have it out of the truck...but over all, im gona put the red truck in the back of the garage for a while....got to dyno it once with the new pump and made pretty bad numbers, and never got a track pass out of it.....that's all on this truck for now...will be a while before there any kind of update on it.....

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
well since its pretty much public knowledge...mind as well post up here. After a nice trip down to MPD for their dyno/race day, red truck made it down and back no problem, took a little heavy pedaling on the way home, and enjoyed driving it. SADLY.....mid week last week, I put a hole in the side of the block in stop and go traffic doing all of maybe 10-15 mph....its up behind the ac compressor so I cant get a good look at it, but its there.....at this point some serious frustration has set it. I know the stock bottom end wouldn't last forever, but I was hoping for more than the 1500 or so miles that I put on it since it went back together this year....I may pull the motor this week just to have it out of the truck...but over all, im gona put the red truck in the back of the garage for a while....got to dyno it once with the new pump and made pretty bad numbers, and never got a track pass out of it.....that's all on this truck for now...will be a while before there any kind of update on it.....

Stock engine and sell it.

08strokin

Reaction score

Dang man that blows, sorry to hear that. What were the dyno numbers?

Latest posts

Members online