Regeneration - How Often

SKYWALKR

Reaction score
How often are you guys seeing the regeneration cycle occur. I have noticed mine do it twice since I have owned the truck in roughly 900 miles.

Truck is a 2015 Platinum.

Thanks

SKYWALKR

Reaction score
Thanks for the intel. Seemed like a frequent occurrence and a pain to be sure... upgrades are on the list, in fact already ordered some from Mike at No Limit. Just wanted to get a few miles on the truck to see if there were any surprises before I give Ford an excuse to void my warranty.

Jomax

Reaction score
Mine regens once a tank. Sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dawashi

Reaction score
I have notice at least once a tank. Now I have a cts2 insight i notice the truck his into Regen at about 20-25 % *** soot. Given mine 13000 miles time to deeelete this week

SKYWALKR

Reaction score
How long does the regeneration cycle take? I always see the notification it is occurring but never notice a message saying it has completed.

First time I saw it I was in the middle of a long trip, but the last time I was 5 miles from my house so I drove another 8 minutes tops... any issue with that?

I haven’t read any procedure or recommendations for driving around regeneration... Thoughts?

GregW

Reaction score
With the latest software update, the info screen on the gauges will give you a *** Filter percentage. When it counts up to 100% it displays a message then you can watch the percentage drop as it regens

SKYWALKR

Reaction score
Is there a version of the software I should have/verify?

And, is there a negative effect of the truck is shut down during a regen?

Sorry for all the diesel newb questions... i am used to taking off the cats, turning up the boost, and lighting the wick... no experience with regens and making sure my peepee cup is full for the exhaust...

GregW

Reaction score
My dad's 6.7 was in for warranty work and they flashed the latest update into it. That's when he got the monitor on his display. I'm not sure what an update normally costs though.

From what I've gathered/seen, it doesn't hurt to shut it down during a regen. But if you're shutting it down during regen frequently, you should try to drive it through a whole regen from time to time. Maybe someone else can chime in and clarify?

Profuzz

Reaction score
If you have edge cts u can do a manual regeneration instead of driving around !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
With the latest software update, the info screen on the gauges will give you a *** Filter percentage. When it counts up to 100% it displays a message then you can watch the percentage drop as it regens

This is only with the base cluster. The optional one with the screen in it does jot have this. With this update, the operator can command regen for vehicles that have extended idle.

GregW

Reaction score
This is only with the base cluster. The optional one with the screen in it does jot have this. With this update, the operator can command regen for vehicles that have extended idle.

Ah ok. His is an XLT with the base cluster and his got it so I assumed they would all get the update. How does one go about commanding a regen?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I am not sure. They should have given him a print out with how to. Ive never read it, and have always done regens with the ids. Never had to do an operator commanded regen, but i do know it will not work until it is at 100% or greayer.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.