Regulated return and other fuel system questions

Bigsexy

Reaction score
So I just installed my regulated return amd I'm working on the tank up to the motor next. With a stock pump still in what's the max pressure I can get out it and what do you all with stage 2s set yours at?
My next question is what do you guys think about running a cool can after the pump like some gassers run? I wouldn't use it all the time but for pulling and racing. I know there's a gelling factor but if I ran some antigel and filled the can with ice. Would there be any benfit to this?
Also with my regulated return it feeds thru the front amd out the rear. If you fed all four corners with this cause the same problem as a stock 7.3 with dead heading the fuel. I fuel running it thru the front and out the back keeps any air moving thru and keeps the fuel cooler by having the lines go straight in the front leaving it less exposed to heat. Me and a buddy havong been talking about this for a while npw sp I figured I'd ask the experts here. His obs 7.3 feed into all four corners. I still have the fuel bowl but when I get the sump, pump (still undecided on which one) and filter bases I will deleting the bowl. All this to later on put 250/200s in.

farm boy

Reaction score
I run a fuel cooler on the return line going back to the tank.

Like this one: (dual pass type heat exchanger)
$T2eC16F,!)QE9s3HCn3DBRD2Job-Cg~~60_12.jpg

Before the cooler, I couldn't touch my spin on filters after a drive. After the cooler, I can hold my hand on them without burning the piss out of myself.

I think It was worth the $20 investment.

I don't feed all 4 corners, but I know there is a special regulator that you need to buy to be able to do this. Hopefully Charles will be along to point you in the right direction on feeding the 4 corners.

Arisley

Reaction score
You are correct, If you feed all four corners, you just deadheadded the system again.

Start at 60 lbs af pressure, work up a bit at a time, till you find the sweet spot. Probably somewhere close to 63.

Bigsexy

Reaction score
That's how mine is. Strictly feeds from the front and out the back. I've seen some feed to the rear and out the front.

DocBar

Reaction score
You can feed and return from either end, but the goal is to have a return from either the front or the rear. You want fuel flow instead of a deadhead situation.

Bigsexy

Reaction score
Where did you find that cooler at? I was thinking of running a cool can you can add ice amd water to

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
We did a TON of fuel temperature and cooler testing and could never justify the additional cost. We ran 6 digital temperature gauges, with probes in 6 different places in the fuel system...for several months. Logging was done in "stop and go" traffic, as well as highway traffic. We even started with a full tank of fuel and drove (long road trip) until the tank was nearly empty to see if the temperature in the tank would climb as much as people speculated. In the end, there was just no apparent value to spending the time and money to put a cooler in the system.

Latest posts

Members online