Relays on driver side fender buzzing

BlueScab

Reaction score
Ok guys I'm trying to get my regular cab build finished up and I've ran into a snag. The truck is a 2003 f250 that I bought with no engine or transmission in it.

The engine and trans are in. I was going to test the fuel pump last night and when I put the cables on the battery there is three relays on the driver side fender near the fire wall that start buzzing or clicking very fast. If I remove the three relays from the fender the relays under the dash start buzzing.

I've been cleaning and checking grounds all morning and not having any luck figuring it out. The battery is new and fully charged. Any ideas as to what I might have going on?

Thanks

njjeep

Reaction score
That happened to me while working on my truck. It was a combo of bad battery connections and dead batteries (even though I also thought they where new and good they needed a charge)

BlueScab

Reaction score
That happened to me while working on my truck. It was a combo of bad battery connections and dead batteries (even though I also thought they where new and good they needed a charge)

Alright thanks. I'll double check the batteries with a voltmeter tonight.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Fuse panel is.full of.green death. Guarantee that. Fuse panel replace first. If you still have weird electrical issues then the gem is next. The corrosion in the.fuse.panel will cause individual.circuits.to.drop off. Mine was missing the circuit.that gets power to the vac pump and reverse lights.

Major pita. Mine was getting wet and shorting the starter out! :eek: It would spin the starter until it melted. Rear cab light would stay on. Annoying.

BlueScab

Reaction score
Yikes! I'll check it out as soon as I get back to the shop. Thanks

Edit: Do you have a part number for that fuse panel?

TyCorr

Reaction score
There is NOT a single part #. I wouldnt even use the VIN#. I gave the dealer the vin and the part # they gave me I checked against the fuse panel in my truck and it would NOT.have been the correct part. Id recommend getting the PN off of yours.

If absolutely necessary I.can get you mine though. Get ready, mine was 300 bucks.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I need to get mine.done. Had safelite lined up to do it but they stood me up twice and then I never.called them.back. Screw em!

Im going to get the windshield replaced and the clearance light bases. Theeen put the new panel in.

BlueScab

Reaction score
Small update. The fuse box has been wet. New one should be here Wednesday. I did notice while I had the window down its not just the relays on the fender buzzing its every relay in the truck.

Latest posts

Members online