Reliable hid ballast

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
Who makes em I have the vvme 55w 6k hids on my 05 with no problems for 6 months then one of the ballast went out and I've gone through 7 or 8 replacement ballast in the past 2 months they are junk. Sick of poppin the hood and swapping in ballasts all the time.

StockCar#10

Reaction score
Retro solutions... I have there high low 6k hid kit on my truck for 2+ years never replaced a single component. Pm me if your intrreted I have the kit forsale ...new truck is getting projectors

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
Could weak batteries be causing them to burn out this quick? Just replaced my alternator and haven't load tested my batts yet. A couple of ballast only lasted a day...

alradco

Reaction score
I would think you have a problem since you've gone through so many ballasts. I've had our HID kit for over 3 years and never replaced anything.
Peter

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
What could be causing it bad harness? All connections are good and batts are both good.

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
Well now I'm stumped. I took a ballast this evening that I thought went bad last night and swapped it back in after looking over all the connections and it works flawlessly again so not sure what that means, wonder if the relay harness is intermittently ****tin the bed.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I trashed the HID's in both my trucks because of ballasts bulbs, etc. I tired the normal sized ones to the slim ones. Nothing lasted. I even installed them with a relay to the battery so they would get full power from the battery. From what I read most of the products are made in the same place and pricing just changes because of name. I tried different companies with the same result, never tried Retro mainly because I was done with them by then. I switched to 80/100 bulbs in the headlights and 80 in the fogs with a harness I made. Brighter than HID's and actually looks better in my opinion because the housing is made for normal bulbs, not ones for a projector.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Who makes em I have the vvme 55w 6k hids on my 05 with no problems for 6 months then one of the ballast went out and I've gone through 7 or 8 replacement ballast in the past 2 months they are junk. Sick of poppin the hood and swapping in ballasts all the time.

Problem
One- 55w ditch them biggest pita and pos waste of money.

Two- solution convert to a 35w sealed ballast screw on and sealed clip connectors and relocation harness with a phillips crystal bixenon bulb. Try to keep the ballast away from moisture and extreme temp fluctuations. Kbcarstuff and xenon depot is your best price and options.
I recommend the xtreme series 5000k for ice white or the 6500k for a blue tinge 2-5 year warranty and the product generally outlasts the given period.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.