reliable hpop and fuel pump

blackbetty13

Reaction score
I'm going to be putting my truck back together very soon, and I'm ditching my srp1.1 due to leak issues and im ditching my fuellab due to unreliability issues.
what options do i heave here i dont want to downgrade and loose any power.

old man dave

Reaction score
Dual SuperDuty fuel pumps in parallel, replacing the Fuelab. The newest Fuelabs are supposed to be more reliable than the older ones. Check with Dennis @Strickly Diesel.

MossBack

Reaction score
I have had good luck with a Bosch and a walbro gsl390 but stock injectors and a 17* hpop

bad12jr

Reaction score
I like my t500 but what size sticks you running.

Sent from my x2 somewhere

blackbetty13

Reaction score
I'm running 275/200 injectors I just ant to be able to drive my truck and enjoy it I had the new fuelabs 2 of them actually. I don't I'm looking at a walboro 392 or a1000 however what is anyones say on the airdog or fass? As for Srp1s I had the old model and the new model blew the back out on first on and the back on this one is leaking awaiting blowout lol.

baderic03

Reaction score
Go with a gls392,a1000,or new fuel lab as far as oil on that injector T500,srp1.1,bts. Don't run airdog or fass

I know a T500 ran my 250/200 with out a problem and a gls392 runs 300/200 no problem

MossBack

Reaction score
Go with a gls392,a1000,or new fuel lab as far as oil on that injector T500,srp1.1,bts. Don't run airdog or fass

I know a T500 ran my 250/200 with out a problem and a gls392 runs 300/200 no problem

That seems a little bit of a stretch. With stock injectors mine worked good for like 300 miles then started getting weak and now the second pump picks up really well.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Walbro pump is not rated for, or warranteed with, diesel fuel use (per a direct conversation with Walbro). I've had guys call me that had brand new walbro pumps fail in just weeks, other have had them go years. That's a crapshoot for sure, I hope whoever you are getting these from is telling you this, and letting you know that if you send a pump in to Walbro for warranty repair and they find diesel fuel in it, no warranty.

You couldn't talk me into selling someone an AirDog II, I'll never take another phone call from an angry ADII customer that's stuck on the side of the road. I've had more of those fail than Fuelab pumps fail, hands down. I've seen melted wiring harnesses, melted and bent in half (but not blown?) fuses, and failed motors. I've talked with numerous people that have had 2 or even 3 motor replacements in their ADII. The original AD (low pressure) line has always been rock solid and reliable. The ADII doesn't live up to the reputation of the original AD, but is trying to ride on it's coattails.

A1000 is another billet race pump. The simple truth that everyone seems to want to ignore is that with "race parts" comes "race reliability"...period. The same goes for Fuelab, though I've had a LOT better luck with Fuelab than I ever did with the A1000.

The Fuelab pumps have had some issues. Every single pump I've sent back was a circuit board failure, not a pump failure. The ONLY exception was a pump that had a piece of foreign plastic lodged inside. When that was removed, the pump ran perfectly...that was the fault of a "no filtration installation". Fuelab recently switched circuit board shops because of the problems, and they have covered every pump I'm aware of (or that I had anything to do with) under warranty.

I have told everyone that has ever asked me that if RELIABILITY is what they want, "dual parallel stock pumps" (Bosch pumps, not crappy copies from the parts store) is the way to go. Of course, the reality of that situation is that most of the people in the situation of needing these big pumps have done enough "performance work" to the truck that just changing the fuel pump doesn't really change their odds of having a "high horsepower related" breakdown. I know that's not what the interweb says...

baderic03

Reaction score
Adrenaline in my opinion is not worth the money. A T500 seems to out last the adrenaline 3/1 and a lot cheaper and better product. I wouldn't ditch the srp1.1 in my opion bc u had a lil problem with it.

blackbetty13

Reaction score
Dennis- i sent 2 new fuelabs back to have the boards replaced and both went out after like 2 months.

paul- im still up in the air about an hpop

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
I'm not sure that the latest version of the board has been out that long, still worth a call to Fuelab since you already own the pump.

Tom S

Reaction score
Adrenaline in my opinion is not worth the money. A T500 seems to out last the adrenaline 3/1 and a lot cheaper and better product. I wouldn't ditch the srp1.1 in my opion bc u had a lil problem with it.

Why do you say the Adrenaline does not last?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.