replaced #5 inj. now no HPO

fbilly420

Reaction score
06 Replaced number 5 injector now only have 50ish psi hpo. unplugged icp still same. took valve cover back off and cranked no visiual leaks. IPR?

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
06 Replaced number 5 injector now only have 50ish psi hpo. unplugged icp still same. took valve cover back off and cranked no visiual leaks. IPR?

how long have u cranked? did u pull the stand pipe out with the rail?

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

fbilly420

Reaction score
Well after the install I cranked for approx 20 sec and it started and ran for 15 sec and died. Now no HPO I have cranked on it for total of probably 5 min with cool down breaks for the starter. I removed the stand pipe from the rear port before I removed the rail. Reinstalled after the rail was retourqued down.

Last edited:

907DAVE

Reaction score
You need to replace it. Any debris in whats left of the screen?

907DAVE

Reaction score
The debris in the IPR is from the hpop. You will need them replace the IPR - just remember a new hpop may be needed in the near future.

6speedsd

Reaction score
Ok. Reason I ask is that I'm trying to diagnose an issue with my dads truck. Had someone mention a failing hpop, and I want to be damn sure before I tell him to drop that much coin just to see if it fixes it.

I have measured all those and they stay pretty in check.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Ok. Reason I ask is that I'm trying to diagnose an issue with my dads truck. Had someone mention a failing hpop, and I want to be damn sure before I tell him to drop that much coin just to see if it fixes it.

I have measured all those and they stay pretty in check.

What were your readings?

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

6speedsd

Reaction score
I knew someone would ask me that! Honestly don't remember. Measured them almost a week ago. Was talking to a fellow member here when I was reading them and he said everything looked pretty good.

Latest posts

Members online